Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compared to the field, how good is TGO?

Tiger Woods?

Larry Bird?

Marciano?

Ali?

How would you compare him, as against his competition, to someone else we have all seen in sports?

Then, for those of you who know him...what makes him what he is? Practice? Attributes? Attitude?

Just wondering.

One thing I can tell you about Robbie is that he is REAL.

Puts in the practice, has the right attitude that keeps him on top and has always had something nice to say when I see him and has his hand stretched out for a good hello

Even when he was starting out he had the idea he could win. It was funny watching him shoot so fast, crash and burn but then learn to hit what he was aiming at. He wanted it and went for it.

Robbie really can be called TGO. It's a combination of raw tallent, ambition and practice that keeps him where he is.

I was going to say Ron Jeremy but the best I have ever seen him do was 6 in a row....

Ewwwww :wacko:

Azshooter +1

You know, I just like the guy. He's funnier than heck, wants you to get better, ribs you constantly and burns it up. He admits his faults as a shooter but will tell you where he makes it up. Has no expectations when he shoots, he just shoots it. I think he loves what he does.

Comparatively? The Greatest.

If shooting was golf then Tiger on his best day couldn't beat TGO.

If shooting was golf then TGO would be on the Wheaties box.

If shooting was golf TGO would have earnings/endorsements over $100,000,000.

But shooting is not golf so the vast majority have never heard of him, it's crazy.

No-one has heard of Eric Grauffel either but the guy has not lost an International match in 8 years.

It amazes me that there are people with such incredible talent, but no-one outside the sport have ever heard of them.

+1 to AzShooter

He is the man in shooting and Jerry M is right up there as well.

He is real, no hype, no attitude, no bull...a great all around guy. This has a lot to do with his father and friends like BE.

They put a ton of hard work into practice and helping this sport grow to what it is today.

What has been said about Rob so far has been accurate and true.

He is truely a great, if not the great Champion of this sport.

But something nobody has mentioned is that he actually enjoys this game. Yes, he is a professional. But when the days work is done,as it were, he will shoot just for fun, as he has done his whole life. He also has a real life outside of the sport.

Those things are some things that set him apart from many others.

Now if he could just improve that golf swing.........

How would you compare him, as against his competition, to someone else we have all seen in sports?

Then, for those of you who know him...what makes him what he is? Practice? Attributes? Attitude?

Just wondering.

He doesn't take Steroids. :)

Tiger Woods?

Larry Bird?

Marciano?

Ali?

Just wondering.

With all due respect to Mr Tiger, I don't think he is in the class of any of the great champions above. rather, he is gifted with great physical ability and cursed with a very poor attitude and mental game. He does not focus well and "mentally checks out" of a round when he blows a few shots. He will never be a consistent winning force the way Jack Nicklaus was in golf or Rob Leatham is in shooting.

Champions don't whine or make excuses.

I'd say TGO is more the Arnold Palmer of shooting because of his popularity among fans and competitors and his demeanor and attitude towards the game.

Edited by bountyhunter

Joe Montana & Rob Leatham are my sports heroes.

I'd say they are both the best ever in their respective fields.

Who else can turn up the heat when the chips are down and come out a winner time after time. Only old Joe and TGO!

My reason for Joe as the best QBack of all time is based on the number of spectacular "come from behind" wins he pulled off in playoff games and SuperBowls. No one else has that level of spectacular wins against otherwise insurmountable odds.

The other guys were great too, they just weren't able to consistently create the level of miraculous play that Ole' Joe was capable of in a tight situation in a big game.

Anyone remember the 2nd 49er's/Bengals SB and the fourth quarter drive Joe pulled off almost singlehandedly to win from a seemingly insurmountable deficit with under a minute left? Nothing tops that miracle of play, ever! Except maybe "The Catch" in the 81 playoffs against the Cowboys ;-)

My reason for Joe as the best QBack of all time is based on the number of spectacular "come from behind" wins he pulled off in playoff games and SuperBowls. No one else has that level of spectacular wins against otherwise insurmountable odds.

The other guys were great too, they just weren't able to consistently create the level of miraculous play that Ole' Joe was capable of in a tight situation in a big game.

Anyone remember the 2nd 49er's/Bengals SB and the fourth quarter drive Joe pulled off almost singlehandedly to win from a seemingly insurmountable deficit with under a minute left? Nothing tops that miracle of play, ever! Except maybe "The Catch" in the 81 playoffs against the Cowboys ;-)

He also still holds the record for the most Super Bowl touchdown pass completions. 12

Some more of Joe's post season accomplishments:

Joe Montana holds post-season records for most career touchdown passes (44), and passing yards (5772) among others. In his four Super Bowls, Montana completed 83 of 122 passes, for 1,142 yards and 11 touchdowns with an impressive zero interceptions, earning him a quarterback rating of 127.8. Montana lead his team to victory in each game, and is the only player ever to win 3 Super Bowl MVP awards. He has also played in eight Pro Bowls.

IMHO, TGO "IS" the Joe Montana of competition pistol shooting PERIOD. They are both head and shoulders above their respective peers in my estimation. These two guys are the "Gods" of what they do/did.

With all due respect to Mr Tiger, I don't think he is in the class of any of the great champions above. rather, he is gifted with great physical ability and cursed with a very poor attitude and mental game. He does not focus well and "mentally checks out" of a round when he blows a few shots. He will never be a consistent winning force the way Jack Nicklaus was in golf or Rob Leatham is in shooting.

TGO should be compared to Tiger. Barring an injury, Tiger will be considered to be the best golfer of all time (for those that don't consider him to be such already.) The only person standing in his way from a unanimous consensus is indeed Jack. After he does surpass Jack's major records, I'm sure there will still be a few dissenters but it will be difficult to argue against Tiger for a variety of reasons including the level of competition each golfer had to face in their careers.

Well if we are going to compare TGO to football or golf pros, Robbie and Bret both seem to keep on going and going and going.....

Bret Favre

The NFL's only three-time MVP (1995-97), ranks in the league’s top three in four major categories: second in touchdowns (376), second in completions (4,306), third in attempts (7,003) and third in yards (49,734) Stands alone at third on the all-time QB wins list with 135, behind only John Elway (148) and Dan Marino (147). Has started 205 consecutive games (225 including playoffs), an NFL record for a QB;and he's still playing....

Established the 'Brett Favre Fourward Foundation’ in 1996; in conjunction with his annual golf tournament, celebrity softball game and fundraising dinners, foundation has donated more than $2 million to charities in his home state of Mississippi as well as to those in his adopted state of Wisconsin.

An avid golfer, possesses a handicap in the "one to two" range, down from a 15 as recently as 1998.

All this from a guy who got traded to Green Bay back in '92 when Green Bay was where the NFL sent you if you were bad. And he still has fun playing. ;)