Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Expectations Leading To Fun

j2fast

I went out Sunday to my first match with my new to me Brazos Limited gun I picked up from a fellow BE'r. This was the first match I've shoot in any division that doesn't have a 10 round limit. Everything started well, ran the first stage a little slow but came out with only a couple or so C's and the rest A's. Then it was downhill from there...... I was doing everything from miss counting rounds (thought I still only had 10) to blowing reloads like reloads have never been blown before. I actually missed the entire big mouth magwell on one reload and tossed the mag over the gun (this after blazing through reloads during dryfire all week). Then the icing on the cake was the classifier 99-59. Just what I wanted to do in my first match, weak hand only 25 yard shots (probably my biggest weakness)..... :ph34r:

What did I like? I had some friggin fun!! When I actually pointed the gun on the A I hit it, didn't have to take a second shot at any steel all day, and just generally had a blast despite a lackluster performance. Sometimes taking a step back can be fun.... :D

Yup, I think everyone needs to shoot at least one game where they just don't care how the place and just shoot for the fun it. My new quilty pleasure is steel. I don't get to shoot it often but I have fun doing it and because I really don't care how well I do, I have a lot more fun.

Of course, shooting USPSA and giving a damn is also fun, but in a different way.