Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

May 2006 (Warning: Mild Language Inside)

That makes six correct. I just feel so....used. :(

Don't feel used. It was a tough list and I needed lots of help. Do I need to forward an address or something now?

Thanks.

The google is strong in this one.......

Ha Ha. Actually I suck with Google. I don't know how some people find the stuff they find using it but I can never come up with what I want.

A_Med,

Go ahead and PM your address to Brian (aka benos) and tell him you Won a Book this month.

For everyone else, here's the answer key for this month, just so you can have all the answers in one place:

1. "I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle."

- James Remar, The Warriors, 1979.

2. "Let me guess: just in case you meet a charging rhino?"

"No. Berettas are only good for killing men."

- Brandon Lee & Debi Monahan, Laser Mission, 1989.

3. "I like the idea that a voice can just go somewhere, uninvited, just kind of hang out, like a dirty thought in a nice, clean mind. Maybe a thought is like a virus, you know? It can kill all the healthy thoughts and just take over. That would be serious."

- Christian Slater, Pump Up the Volume, 1990.

4. "Soul is the rhythm of sex, and it's the rhythm of the factory, too. The workin' man's rhythm. Sex in the factory. Soul is the music that people understand. Sure, it's basic and it's simple. But it's something else, something special. 'Cause -- 'cause -- 'cause it's honest. That's it. It's honest. There's no f*#kin' bullshit. It sticks its neck out and says it straight from the heart. Sure, there's lots of music you can get off to, but soul is more than that. It takes you somewhere else. It grabs you by the balls and lifts you above the shite."

- Robert Arkins, The Commitments, 1991.

5. "He has power, but it is power you can take from him."

"I like him already."

- Bai Ling & Michael Wincott, The Crow, 1994.

6. "Blessed be the Lord, my strength, which teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight. My goodness and my fortress, my high tower and my Deliverer. My shield and He in Whom I trust. Here you go, baby."

- Barry Pepper, Saving Private Ryan, 1998.

7. "Someone I once knew wrote that we walk away from our dreams, afraid that we may fail, or worse yet, afraid we may succeed. You need to know that while I knew so very early that you would realize your dreams, I never imagined I would once again realize my own. Seasons change, young man. And while I may have waited until the winter of my life to see the things I've seen this past year, there is no doubt I would have waited too long if it had not been for you."

- Sean Connery, Finding Forrester, 2000.

8. "The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

- Rene Auberjolois, The Princess Diaries, 2001.

9. "You know, I don't even know you, but even if I did, what you're talking about is wrong. It's cheating."

"It's a victimless crime."

"Okay. Hypothetical situation: you're driving, it's late, you get to a red light in the middle of nowhere. Do you run the light? You see? You don't. You wait. Because a victimless crime is still a crime. It isn't worth it."

"Maybe it is. Maybe I run it. It depends."

"On what?"

"Am I trying to get somewhere important?"

- Erika Christensen & Chris Evans, The Perfect Score, 2003

10. "See, here's the thing: you don't quite look like yourself this way. You know what I'm saying? And if you walk around looking like someone other than who you are, you could end up getting the wrong job, the wrong friends, who knows what all. You could end up with someone else's whole life."

- Robin Wright, A Home At the End of the World, 2004.