Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

May 2006 (Warning: Mild Language Inside)

More movie trivia quotes. Name and film (if you wanna be really cool, you can throw in the year but it's not necessary to have a "got" answer). We have one movie from the 1970s, one from the 1980s, five from the 1990s. and three from the 2000s. Four actresses, nine actors. No building on someone else's answers; once a person has a "got" answer, it belongs to them. No playing, if you've already won a book. No using an Internet movie quote data base to find the answers, on your honor; breaking this rule will result in disqualification.

Here we go:

1. "I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle."

2. "Let me guess: just in case you meet a charging rhino?"

"No. Berettas are only good for killing men."

3. "I like the idea that a voice can just go somewhere, uninvited, just kind of hang out, like a dirty thought in a nice, clean mind. Maybe a thought is like a virus, you know? It can kill all the healthy thoughts and just take over. That would be serious."

4. "Soul is the rhythm of sex, and it's the rhythm of the factory, too. The workin' man's rhythm. Sex in the factory. Soul is the music that people understand. Sure, it's basic and it's simple. But it's something else, something special. 'Cause -- 'cause -- 'cause it's honest. That's it. It's honest. There's no f*#kin' bullshit. It sticks its neck out and says it straight from the heart. Sure, there's lots of music you can get off to, but soul is more than that. It takes you somewhere else. It grabs you by the balls and lifts you above the shite."

5. "He has power, but it is power you can take from him."

"I like him already."

6. "Blessed be the Lord, my strength, which teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight. My goodness and my fortress, my high tower and my Deliverer. My shield and He in Whom I trust. Here you go, baby."

7. "Someone I once knew wrote that we walk away from our dreams, afraid that we may fail, or worse yet, afraid we may succeed. You need to know that while I knew so very early that you would realize your dreams, I never imagined I would once again realize my own. Seasons change, young man. And while I may have waited until the winter of my life to see the things I've seen this past year, there is no doubt I would have waited too long if it had not been for you."

8. "The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

9. "You know, I don't even know you, but even if I did, what you're talking about is wrong. It's cheating."

"It's a victimless crime."

"Okay. Hypothetical situation: you're driving, it's late, you get to a red light in the middle of nowhere. Do you run the light? You see? You don't. You wait. Because a victimless crime is still a crime. It isn't worth it."

"Maybe it is. Maybe I run it. It depends."

"On what?"

"Am I trying to get somewhere important?"

10. "See, here's the thing: you don't quite look like yourself this way. You know what I'm saying? And if you walk around looking like someone other than who you are, you could end up getting the wrong job, the wrong friends, who knows what all. You could end up with someone else's whole life."

6. Saving Private Ryan. Private Jackson the sniper. played by Barry Pepper

Matt Cheely has one correct.

Classic Movie

1. Warriors, James Remar says it to one of the Baseball Furies.

torrpd has one correct.

Thanks to my Wife for this one.

8. The Princess Diaries, (actor) Rene Auberjonois (she could not remember the characters name)

torrpd has two correct. I'm amazed. I worried this was the quote no one would ever get. Actually, I thought it was the hardest quote I've ever asked. This character is not credited in the movie, and I actually had to do a fair amount of research to find the answer myself, just because I loved the quote. It's said by the main character's dead father BTW. I should clarify that I don't have a problem with someone using the Internet per se to track down an answer. You just can't punch the quote into one of those Internet movie quote data bases. That makes it entirely too easy.

9: The Perfect Score, Anna played by Erika Christenson ( very hot), and Kyle played by Chris Evans.

A_Med has one correct.

4. Robert Arkins, The Commitments

wide45 has one correct.

So, to summarize, so far torrpd is out in front with two correct. Matt Cheely, A_Med and wide45 each has one apiece.

Five more (#s 2, 3, 5, 7 & 10) still up for grabs.

5: The Crow, Ling Bai and Michael Wincott.
Close but no cigar.

Ooops its Bai Ling my dyslexia kicked in.

A_Med has three correct.

2. "Let me guess: just in case you meet a charging rhino?"

"No. Berettas are only good for killing men."

Lethal Weapon. Murtaugh to Riggs. (Glover to Gibson) 1987?

Nope. :(

To summarize, A_Med is out in front with three correct, torrpd has two, Matt Cheely and wide45 have one apiece. Three more (#s 2, 3 & 10) still out there.

A_Med has five correct. At this point we might as well stick a fork in it and GTMAB (Give That Man a Book). No one can catch him.

Anyone care to go for #10? Warning: it's a total chick flick.

I think my daughter just came through with one.
This is getting funny. My brothers, neighbors sister-in-law came up with this one.

Obviously you live in an environment full of movie fanatics. Good stuff.

Geez, I can't believe it. The 6th of the month and we already have a winner. I just feel, like, totally inadequate. :blink: Obviously I need to make the next list much harder. :D

A_Med has five correct. At this point we might as well stick a fork in it and GTMAB (Give That Man a Book). No one can catch him.

Anyone care to go for #10? Warning: it's a total chick flick.

WooHoo. Thanks to all the couch potatoe neighbors and relatives :)

10: A Home at the End of the World, Colin Farrell and Robin Wright Penn, My daughter strikes again and she wants to add that Colin Farrell is a Hottie.

That makes six correct. I just feel so....used. :(

Don't feel used. It was a tough list and I needed lots of help. Do I need to forward an address or something now?

Thanks.

Edited by A_Med

Don't feel used. It was a tough list and I needed lots of help. Do I need to forward an address or something now?

Thanks.

unless you want me to send them mine{lol}

Thanks.

The google is strong in this one.......