Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Answer Is More Guns!

Just reading through Phred's thred here & it sparked my ever so short memory into recalling this. After watching The Unit Tuseday night I flip over to Boston Legal. Denny Crane (Bill Shatner), in trouble again for shooting someone. At the end when he & his buddy are out on the patio drinking & smoking, Alan (name?) asks him if his love affair with guns is on or off again. Denny answers that everyone should be strapping, "hell all the bad guys are. The answer isn't fewer guns, it is more guns!"

:blink: Did they just say that on a TV show? :blink: A network TV show? :blink: You mean they all are not a bunch of gun control liberals? :blink:

Anyone else see this? Really, I gave an out loud "Hell Yeah" back to the TV.. :ph34r:

Of course, you realize that Denny Crane is supposed to be crazy, right?

Mad Cow, Danny Crane ;)

Hell yeah that charicter is crazy, but somehow always comes out pretty clean too.. Wound up shooting the "bad guy" a second time when he pulled a gun in court. Just interesting stance for one of the main charicters on a network sitcom.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The role of Denny Crane on Boston Legal - as well as his turn playing himself in the movie Showtime - has confirmed something I have long believed to be true: William Shatner is a comedic acting genius. Just look at him in the Star Trek episode "A Piece of the Action." I'd always hoped Shatner would get a chance to show his comedic talents, and it's finally happened - to the acclaim I always knew it would garner.

Man, sometimes it's scary to be psychic. :devil:

Being the sole carry permit holder at Con, I got to help with some of the security details....Shatner was always one cool frood...He spent quite a bit of time talking with a friend of mine about horsemanship. Apparently, that's one of his hobbies. He's a pretty unpretentious guy....unlike his castmate, Walter Koenig, a royal pr!ck.

Being the sole carry permit holder at Con, I got to help with some of the security details....Shatner was always one cool frood...He spent quite a bit of time talking with a friend of mine about horsemanship. Apparently, that's one of his hobbies. He's a pretty unpretentious guy....unlike his castmate, Walter Koenig, a royal pr!ck.

How would you feel if everywhere you went people wanted to hear you say, "nucler wessel"? :rolleyes:

I thought I read somewhere where Shatner was anti-gun. Not that it really matters.

Edited by ShaunH

Continuing the thread drift, George Takei and William Shatner hissing and spitting in the news is hysterical.

Someone should tell them Mr. Spock was the real star of the trek.... :D

I do love me some Shatner but yer totaly right Nemoy rules the roost, any other opinion would just be illogical :ph34r: