Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belligerent People

p99shooter

I hate belligerent, impatient people who intimidate others (me) just because, even if you're 6'1", don't look too physically threatening.

I hate that even though this person desperately needed a stomping, I wasn't the person to deliver it.

I hate that I even thought about trying to fight the ignorant SOB in front of his young daughter.

I hate having to go through fight-or-flight while just trying to do something as simple as pumping gas.

Can't we all get along?

Some people just need the ass whooping as an adult that they never got as a kid...Had they gotten a few as a kid they would not be so anxious to be annoying as an adult...they would know that you NEVER know who is able and going to deliver that next ass whooping....

If you aren't capable of doing it when called upon to act...maybe you should take some martial arts courses to improve your self reliance and physical ability...

Finally, you did the right thing...poor taste to deliver a big ass whooping in front of someones kid, unless unavoidable....

Just my thoughts.. ;)

One word. Pepper Spray - oh wait - thats two words.....

Seriously - You were not the one to do it but be assured it will get done somewhere - someday. Anyone beig the fool in front of their (or any) kids shows their lack of common sense as well as their ass...

Just shake your head and forget the jackass. Life must be hard for someone who is constantly on the prod and startig trouble. Don't let his problems worry you for any longer than you have to be around the cretin. ;)

They feel safe with a kid to say and do.

It is their thing, not yours. Right now your kickin' your own ass because you did not stomp them, feeling like you are a coward. Your not. You did the right thing, because jail is no place to be on a nice day. Tough to let that stuff go but your train is headed in the right direction.... :)

I taught karate for 15 years. You will feel the same way in the same situation, martial arts will not change who you are. Now if someone is a trained dipshit, they will still get theirs down the road.

Edited by Sandoz

Even delivering a righteous azz-whooping can leave a bad taste in your mouth. Always take the high road and you will almost always go home safe.

In this world, even if you can deliver the good's it's better not to risk your life and limb on an action that can have an un-predictable and potentially life-changing outcome for you. You never know what someone else has up their sleeve ;-/

I taught karate for 15 years. You will feel the same way in the same situation, martial arts will not change who you are. Now if someone is a trained dipshit, they will still get theirs down the road.

OK fine I don't want to fight about it :D

<_< My Power :ph34r: ... must be of a ~Higher Level~ :D

But you are right ..You are who you are. But I stand buy = M-A makes it easy not to fight.

People fight and get angry out of fear. Fear of not having , not getting, or louseing.

No Fear no anger. ... <_< or somtimes not as much

Jamie B)

knowing that I misspelled somthing but not having any control over...that makes me want to kick my own butt :D

Yeah, you got that right TL.

Sometimes you have no choice and in that situation it's no holds barred fer' me. I ain't specifically trained but I don't stand around and wait for a pounding either. The best defense choices are either mounting an overwhelming offense on a surprise basis and not letting up until the threat is over, or gaining a whole lot of distance on the situation really fast. About the only thing I can't outrun is a bullet ;-)

Geezerlock

I am almost 60, 205, and 6'2" but don;t need to get in anyone's face... also why I carry, I can't whip 'em like I used to..Like the Toby Keith song says "...i got a few years on me now...."

Geezerlock

I am almost 60, 205, and 6'2" but don;t need to get in anyone's face... also why I carry, I can't whip 'em like I used to..Like the Toby Keith song says "...i got a few years on me now...."

My motto these days is "I ain't rolling around in the dirt with nobody, and I never miss at this distance".

David C

Geezerlock

We'll, I'm 35, 6'1", 185 lbs, and can't "deliver the goods" as George says, or at least I haven't been in enough situations to find out if I could if I needed to. :unsure: Years of cracking the books instead of playing sports, and years in front of a keyboard.

I don't want to look for trouble, but I do worry about what would happen if it came down to it. Maybe some training is a good idea. (Carrying is not an option where I live, but that's a different hate topic :angry: )

Many wise and encouraging words said here by all. Thank you.

I am just a hair under 6'4" and I weighed 275 when I graduated from college. I have delivered and received my fair share of ass whoopins. Then I grew up, or at least got smart. Other than the time I spent in Law Enforcement (physical control), I haven't had the need, or the desire, to thump on another person for going on 25 years. OK, I have had the desire, but never the need. ;) The best bet is to just walk away and forget about it.

I hate belligerent, impatient people who intimidate others (me) just because, even if you're 6'1", don't look too physically threatening.

I hate that even though this person desperately needed a stomping, I wasn't the person to deliver it.

I hate that I even thought about trying to fight the ignorant SOB in front of his young daughter.

I hate having to go through fight-or-flight while just trying to do something as simple as pumping gas.

Can't we all get along?

I'd let him have 20 cents worth of unleaded on his shoes and then casually pull out a cigarette...... :lol:

I'd let him have 20 cents worth of unleaded on his shoes and then casually pull out a cigarette...... :lol:

What!? 3 or 4 drops isn't going to do much! ;)

P99,

You did the right thing. I'm even smaller than you are, I just find it's easier to back away than fight. A little karma in ones life can be a good thing! The a-hole will get his down the road....

Ray

Right Merlin, how many axes do you have standing in the corner...?and if you can play, why haven't you mentioned it B4 now..? :lol::D:P

TL - thats not fair. Do as I say - Not as I do....You have seen my cauliflowered ears and crooked nose.... :(

" I remember the night my teeth rolled like chicklets down the street in San Antonio.."

" Tiger Man - you look like a pussycat to me.." thankfully forgotten old counry song. :wacko:

It need not come to fisticuffs when YOU'RE the one holding the flamethrower. Just because he's bigger than you, doesn't mean he's smarter than you. ;)