Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting To A Match To Find Out

R/T Performance

THEY CHANGE THE SIGN IN AND WOULDN'T LET ME SHOOT

I am so mad I would have sold all my gear for 2000

I have been having a hard time find uspa or idpa leagues to shoot within an hour of me.

I shot at this clubs match three time last year as long as you get there before noon sign in and shoot no problem.I emailed them two weeks before this match to ask if anything changed no response.

I check there web page and it said ipsc 9:00-2:00

I get up and drive over there 55 minutes all express way.go in and nobody at the desk so I head out to the range and am told they changed it this year to sing 9:30 shoot at 10:00 I got there at 11:00.I was told they emailed everyone how shot last year to notify them of the change which is B.S. The 3 other guys I took with me and myself never got anything.

I spent 4+ hours practicing and chronoing new loads making bullets just for this saturday.

Even though I had a ton of work I should have been doing.

Even bought a bunch new gear for this year and didn't get to break it in and now I am going to have to find another match because I am going to be short a classifier for the state match I plan on attending

Edited by Flexmoney

I would of been heated...........and they didn't notify you. It was pretty stupid to turn 4 shooters away who drove over an hr to get to the match.

I agree with not letting shooters start later but they should of did a better job of notifying people. When you let shooters start later it makes the MD day too long, they have to stick around for a few people. I know in C-ville, everyone is done and tears down at the same time. Its quicker and the workload is shared. Each squad tears down the last stage they shoot.

Flyin40

Well I can agree that it is better to have everyone start at the same time as Flyin40 stated. For 4 shooters an hour after the start time they should have worked you into the match since they changed the start time. Would have not taken that much time as most likely only missed one stage. Guess you will not be shooting at that club anymore.

MDA

Maybe it's just me, but if the web sight said 9:00 to 2:00 I would have been there by 8:30. Having 3 other shooters with me, I know I would have. I drive 2 hours to some monthly matches and have only been late for one by about 20 min's. I always try to give myself a little extra time, so I don't make anyone have to wait on me. I'm slow enough on the timer. <_<

I hate it that they wouldn't let you guys shoot, but maybe they have had to much of that kind of stuff going on and they are trying to put a stop to it. I would go back next month and shoot the match. Get there a little ahead of time and enjoy the match.

Ronnie

Maybe it's just me, but if the web sight said 9:00 to 2:00 I would have been there by 8:30. Having 3 other shooters with me, I know I would have. I drive 2 hours to some monthly matches and have only been late for one by about 20 min's. I always try to give myself a little extra time, so I don't make anyone have to wait on me. I'm slow enough on the timer. <_<

I hate it that they wouldn't let you guys shoot, but maybe they have had to much of that kind of stuff going on and they are trying to put a stop to it. I would go back next month and shoot the match. Get there a little ahead of time and enjoy the match.

Ronnie

Last year as long as you made it by noon you could shoot.

Actually I was surprised to see hoe big the turn out was being a Holiday weekend.

I will be calling the manager on duty tonight.

The thing that burned me the most is that .

1 the have my address and sent me scores last year

2 I emailed to ask what sign in hours where(No response)

3 Last match of the season I shoot with a buddy and some my scores for three stages dnf. I emailed and got no response again.

But I will add that most of the people there are quite friendly and the R.O. are very helpful.

and they have some kick butt Pitt's

I promise you will not have these issues if you visit the Raccoon Hunters Club.

I have yet to meet any of the forum members from here.I have met quite a few of the hs/xd guys and look foward to it.

Guess it was for the best cause now I will get all my classfiers in one shoot.

Already sizing up my compition in Production :ph34r:

Do you guys chrono at you club matches?

I have yet to meet any of the forum members from here.I have met quite a few of the hs/xd guys and look foward to it.

Classifiers may, or may not be chrono'd. We did chrono at Raccoon 2 weeks ago at that special classifier. Will we do it again for Livingston's??? Spin the wheel and see... ;) Just remember...any ammo in your shooting bag is fair game...so don't bring your mouse fart loads if they won't make it!!!

Jeff

Edited by Barrettone

Sorry Fellas just found out .My son in law has a suprise birthday party so saterday night is going to be long.Driving all the drunks home.

But on another note I have recived a response from the club and they are looking in to this.

I will be at Capitol city rifle club shooting IDPA on Saterday afternoon.

I am planning to make the state match at Racoon hunters.

Looks like I missed all of the afternoon spots in Indiana so not sure if I will be headed down there after all.

You will have an excellent chance to meet some fellow forum members at the "Targeting Education" match at Raccoon Hunters in July. Several of us from the XD forum also. Just a word of warning........The MD is a little STRANGE . The Nuns will try to keep him inline though. :lol:

Edited by bobert1

Just remember...any ammo in your shooting bag is fair game...so don't bring your mouse fart loads if they won't make it!!!

Jeff

Jeff,

under what rule? And what rule allows you access to a shooter's range bag?

Well how about the following.

5.6.3.2 An initial 8 sample rounds for the chronograph test will be

drawn from each competitor at a time and place determined

by Match Officials, who may require additional tests of a

competitor’s ammunition at any time during the match.

5.6.3.10 The scores of a competitor who, for any reason, fails to pre-

sent his firearm for testing at the designated time and location

and/or who fails to provide sample rounds for testing

whenever requested by a match official, will be removed

from the match results.

While it does not specifically allow access to a shooters bag it does allow access to the shooters ammo anytime they wish.

from the match results.

While it does not specifically allow access to a shooters bag it does allow access to the shooters ammo anytime they wish.

I agree that it allows match officials access to ammo a shooter is actually shooting in the match ----- but that's a far cry from going into my bag and wanting to chrono any ammo it contains.......

Want to pull rounds out of my mags on each stage and have me shoot 'em over the chrono? Knock yourself out......

Want to go in my range bag uninvited? Not o.k. with me.....

You will have an excellent chance to meet some fellow forum members at the "Targeting Education" match at Raccoon Hunters in July. Several of us from the XD forum also. Just a word of warning........The MD is a little STRANGE . The Nuns will try to keep him inline though. :lol:

"STRANGE" huh??? We're gonna invoke a new policy in your honor!!! :P I now know who will be first every time on his squad (I see sub-minor chronoing being a problem for you). Seriously, I can't wait to see all you guys up here...it's gonna be a great match.

Cheers,

Jeff

from the match results.

I agree that it allows match officials access to ammo a shooter is actually shooting in the match ----- but that's a far cry from going into my bag and wanting to chrono any ammo it contains.......

Want to pull rounds out of my mags on each stage and have me shoot 'em over the chrono? Knock yourself out......

Want to go in my range bag uninvited? Not o.k. with me.....

Nik,

It says that you must provide ammo for chronoing. It doesn't mean that what you provide has to be accepted. If you are at the range, and an RO asks you to give him ammo out of a magazine, or a particular ammo box, or out of a ziplock you have, it is all good. Is an RO going to go rifling through your bag...no, but if he says "lets see what you have in your bag, and has you open it, anything he sees when he peers in there is fair game. I have been told MANY times by MANY different RM's and instructors, that if you bring it to the range, it is fair game (it has to be the caliber you are shooting obviously). Anyway, this is denegrading into a rules discussion, and might have to be moved if further discussion is to continue).

Cheers,

Jeff

I hope they can figure out how to get the scores posted in a timely fashion also. It has been a week now, and no sign of scores. Sad, the scores, as I consider them, is part of the match. The match is not complete until the scores are posted. I have offered to help, so we will see.

Hmm, maybe we need to split these threads, but I don't see how an RO can check whatever ammo he wants from your bag. What if you have 3 different loads in the bag because you are shooting USPSA in the morning, steel in the afternoon, and testing a third load in between?

I'm with Nik on this one, you can make me chrono the ammo on my belt at every friking stage, but there is no rule on the books that allows you to go in my range bag. I personally make a point of knowing that the boxed ammo in my bag is ALL fine for the match I'm at because I wouldn't want to grab the wrong thing, but I can't swear that there are no loose rounds of strange vintages rolling around the bottom.

Unless you can point to me the rule in the book which says you can search my bag, you can't. If you insist, I leave, and I would hope anyone with a shred of self respect would too. If you don't trust me, chrono me at every stage or ask me to leave, but keep your hands of my personal property.

Edited by Vlad

No harm here I like wondering threads.

I did shoot the IDPA match saturday @ Capitol city rifle club and had a great time.Was well organized and had a great R.O. Helped out allot considering .I didn't use much cover starting out and kept dumping mags only two procedules on the first stage.(I did shock them with a moving mag change behind cover and They had some fast activators)

Made it to bed about 3 am Sunday morning.

Also to update I have got a response from sksc and they are starting a new scoring system and will be inputting info during the match to get scores up.They also appoligized and changed there web page and got my email corrected .They are shooting the classifier this coming up match.

Are there space in the targeting education?

I will for sure be coming to the state match.(Got the OK from the wife last night).

Thanks to all who responded

Rob