Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester Primers

G+16

Massive renovation in progress: had to remove press and loading stuff to tear off back of house (Hey I"m getting my own room) in process managed to drop full box of 5000 primers, about 4 foot up. They appear to be allright, has anyone else ever had a problem with some that have been dropped :(

We had one old timer at our club who manned the counter at the range, and who would get our reloading supplies from the back. I swear he would deliberately toss a sleeve of 5K primers onto the counter just to see folks wince - none have ever gone off, which was his point.

I doubt a 4 foot fall jars a primer in a boxed tray as much as what the primer in the last round left in a 27 round magazine goes through.

We had one old timer at our club who manned the counter at the range, and who would get our reloading supplies from the back. I swear he would deliberately toss a sleeve of 5K primers onto the counter just to see folks wince - none have ever gone off, which was his point.

I doubt a 4 foot fall jars a primer in a boxed tray as much as what the primer in the last round left in a 27 round magazine goes through.

Kevin C.

Just had 5000 arrive at the shop after being driven over by a forkhoist. We will be getting a replacement case from the distributor. Nothing went bang but the packaging is stuffed, primers everywhere and many plastic trays in unusual shapes.

We will not even look at selling these on, even if an individual packet appears to be fine, you never know. We will all be soaking them all in Kerosene and then be disposed of.

I was hoping to do that.

But seeing as many of the primers are partially crushed and many of the plastic trays are broken and / or cracked. I am not keen on putting them into anything I own. About 3-400 primers in total are missing out of the 5000. This case was really busted up.

Not worth blowing anything up or getting a bullet stuck for the sake of a few cheap (free) primers.