Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally Broke 1700

BigDave

First local AP match of the year with a brand new, non-battle tested blaster and broke 1700. I've spent the last 3 years hovering in the mid-low 1600's, and I knew I could put one together. I even managed to shoot a 450+ Barricade (I hate the Barricade, and most iron sight shooters I know do too) in the process. This score will also put me right into Expert, great timing before the Cup <_<

Thanks, guys.

I know we all say "it is the indian, not the arrow" around here, but I have to tell you - a well built and purpose built firearms certainly doesn't hurt things. I ran through the four events/matches twice yesterday, b/c time to practice will be seriously limited between now and Columbia. On my first run on the plates, I shot a 450. My previous PR for that even was a 430, and that was near the end of a season (and a lot of practice). This was my third match since July of last year, and the first time I'd seen a plate rack in 9 mos. Long sight radius may not help, but I can tell you one thing, it sure doesn't hurt one bit.

Dont let Dave fool you guys. He has most definetly put in the work. It may not have been live fire, but he has been putting a great deal of thought and effort into this project. It is wonderful to see him still excited about a very challenging match that doesnt get much press anymore.

Enjoy the feeling of reaching your goal, and then go set a higher one.