Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comb Height Raising On Scoped Turkey Gun

Clay1

I just put a Nikon red dot on my turkey gun and need to raise the height of the comb some. What have some of you used with good success? My father put on one of those kits with spacers one time and the thing kept moving around on him so much that I know that is not what I want to do.

It's a camo Mossberg 935, 3 1/2" 12 gauge turkey gun. I like the Nikon scope so far but will know more after I shoot it this weekend.

Appreciate the input.

Rick

I just put a Nikon red dot on my turkey gun and need to raise the height of the comb some. What have some of you used with good success? My father put on one of those kits with spacers one time and the thing kept moving around on him so much that I know that is not what I want to do.

It's a camo Mossberg 935, 3 1/2" 12 gauge turkey gun. I like the Nikon scope so far but will know more after I shoot it this weekend.

Appreciate the input.

Rick

A Speed-Feed Monte Carlo set solved this for me on my Remmy - do they make one for your Mossberg...?

• 2 months later...

Check Brownells.

Look for D&E ScopeEZE.

There is a stick-on model or a velcro/elastic strap model if you don't want it on permanently. I just got one, works pretty well. They are available in tapered or constant thickness and cost between about $30 and $40.

Rick, lets get down and dirty and find out what you need. Grab a couple mousepads, tape them on the stock one at a time, throw the gun up and see what it looks like. Mouse pads are, depending on maker, roughly 3/16" thick. You can get really close to what you need with this method. Then you can either go out hunting with mousepads on your shotgun (turkeys don't know what mousepads are) or you can order the RIGHT stock pad for your needs after you know what thickness you want.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I haven't been on the board in a while - not shooting pistols these days. I hit view new posts and there were 80 pages of stuff since my last log on.

I used the gun for turkeys as she was. Head position wasn't fantastic but I didn't need it since I took NO shots at turkeys this season. I'll keep your ideas in mind for the fall hunt. Thanks