Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Sport Is Growing!

MikeFoley

Sunday, April 2, 2006 at the Blue Grass Sportsmen's League 42 shooters enjoyed 4 stages of pistol and 2 multigun stages using shotgun/pistol and rifle/pistol. Of the 42 shooters, 5 were juniors, and 4 were ladies! There were also several shooters who were shooting in only their second match (returning from last month). Every division was represented (L, L10, R, O, P, SS), and every class D-GM. I had two juniors in my squad, ages 10 and 13. It was truly a memorable day. Forum members who shot the match were Mr. and Mrs. Shooter Girl, Airedale, Aikidale, Vikings501, Tewlman, DKOL, Napoleon, Chuck Bradley, Austin Bradley, Gun Geek, and me, Fomeister.

And a fine match and grand time were had by all. Uh, Fomeister? You sure David is okay with being Mr. Shooter Girl? :D

If central Kentucky is within driving distance for you the first Sunday of the month it will behoove you to give this match a try. Stage design, facilities, personel and weather are always top notch.

Now if they would add concessions for lunch it could compete with most section and area matches. :)

Sunday, April 2, 2006 at the Blue Grass Sportsmen's League 42 shooters enjoyed 4 stages of pistol and 2 multigun stages using shotgun/pistol and rifle/pistol. Of the 42 shooters, 5 were juniors, and 4 were ladies! There were also several shooters who were shooting in only their second match (returning from last month). Every division was represented (L, L10, R, O, P, SS), and every class D-GM. I had two juniors in my squad, ages 10 and 13. It was truly a memorable day. Forum members who shot the match were Mr. and Mrs. Shooter Girl, Airedale, Aikidale, Vikings501, Tewlman, DKOL, Napoleon, Chuck Bradley, Austin Bradley, Gun Geek, and me, Fomeister.

Whew - I guess it's okay to go back since it appears I'm being mentioned favorably :)

And a fine match and grand time were had by all. Uh, Fomeister? You sure David is okay with being Mr. Shooter Girl? :D

He's okay with it, he introduced himself that way to Mike at the 3 gun match in TN the weekend before!

This really was an excellent match! Barry and crew put on 6 mighty fine stages, and the range is awesome! One of the best I've seen in the country. Of course, winning one of the stages may add some "rose color" to my view!

Edited by Shooter Grrl

:ph34r: Ninja Stealth Mode Off

Training is paying off - I was able to move among the Mafia unnoticed.

Had a hoot shooting with the Bradley Clan.

Barney Fife Mode on

Nipe it in the Bud

PS. Did anyone check to see if Shooter Girl Had "Roller Skates" on. She smoked stage 3 - Rock on SG.

Edited by Clyde

We're here now :) Walked the stages - all I can say is WOW! Berry is evil :wacko:

Oh - and the Lexington guys have no idea what I look like in person - I hope they're just shy - otherwise I'm gonna have to believe that they're <gasp> snobs!

Oh yeah, the official verdict is that half of them are shy and the other half are snobs - but they ALL know who I am now <VBEG> :rolleyes::ph34r:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am extremely lucky to have such a hard working group of guys. Jeremy and his wife are expecting their first baby in a few days, and Steve is buried with work, and both have asked to be relieved of their duties. Since they made tha announcement I have already had 3 people say "hell, I'll do it". can't ask for better than that.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am extremely lucky to have such a hard working group of guys. Jeremy and his wife are expecting their first baby in a few days, and Steve is buried with work, and both have asked to be relieved of their duties. Since they made tha announcement I have already had 3 people say "hell, I'll do it". can't ask for better than that.

Thank you for glueing this whole thing together Barry. Without your guideance, there might not be a USPSA match at BGSL, certainly not one of this quality.

Barry has an easy disposition, and it is easy to work for him. We all have a great deal of fun travelling and shooting together, and putting on the local match. It is nice to see the rewards of new generations of shooters, our own improvements, and the comraderie of our team.

Barry has an easy disposition, and it is easy to work for him. We all have a great deal of fun travelling and shooting together, and putting on the local match. It is nice to see the rewards of new generations of shooters, our own improvements, and the comraderie of our team.

Yeah, and when they all show up wearing the same color Underarmor shirts and hats, it's just so Brokeback.... :wub: