Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I got back from running an errrand to find that someone broke into my garage and stole my open gun. I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT! I usually put it in the safe but it needed to be cleaned.

Attached is a picture. They also took my bag w/ mags, timer, muffs & ammo.

F F F F F

I reported it stolen to police but if anyone sees it for sale, please let me know.

post-2167-1144105003.jpg

Oh man :(

I had my van broken into on my way home from the range. I stoped at home Depot to get a can of paint matched for a client to save him $10.00. the guy is /was worth over several Mill$$ <_<

any way they got my entire bag race gun (Pre Ban Mags) & Linda's revolver too.

The Cops said the guns would be in Mexico before sunrise.

<_<:( I just was saying I looked and kept mad about it for months. Untill Tony Kidd! built me a gun that I love :wub:

<_< So it could be like an Xwife and you will end up with one much better that shoots! ;)

Jamie B)

Edited by AlamoShooter

Whenever you move, be sure the reporting agency has your new contact info in the case file. When guns are recovered, the agency frequently contacts the agency which reported the theft to the NCIC, not the owner (I don't think that info even goes into the database). Althugh unlikely, guns sometimes do make it home.

One USPSA member I shoot with lost an Ed Brown 1911 and a Colt Detective special about 15 years ago in a home burgulary. Although the 45 did not have the spare magazines, ammo or range bag the owner did get the grand jury minutes and the death certificate of the miscreant who was arrested with the gun. (8x45ACP while out on bail - go figure). The sights still shot to point of aim when the gun was returnedl, and the only damage to the gun was a small set of initials carved in the gun by the arresting officer for identification. He's still waiting for the 38 to show up.

This has been crossing my mind lately. It would really put a wrench in my plans this yr.

Whats your insurance Co. say????

Flyin40

The insurance company, Allstate, has been good so far. I'll let ya'll know if they become turds.

Well the fun never stops....

So I secure everything yesterday; ammo, gun bags, chrono, everything

Put it in the garage, lock the one door. Leave the other one unlocked as I am doing laundry ( can you see where this is going yet ?)

At about 9:00 or so last night, my wife hears something outside. Says go check. Sure enough, bastards came back!! Took my other 2 range bags and for what ever reason, lit some paper on fire in the garage :wacko:

So I call the police. As they come walking up, I see this truck driving down the street that matches a description by my neighbor of one she saw earlier. I tell the officer, stop that truck. She does, askes what he is doing. He has no license so out o' truck he comes.

Nothing in the truck - no guns, no range bags. DAMN So the officer says just some golf clubs. Golf clubs ? Let me se them. Holy Shit! my clubs. I was so worried about the guns I did not even notice the clubs being gone.

Next thing you know, we have about 12 cops, K9 unit and helo in the neighborhood from 9:00 til 1:30 looking for his accomplice. Did not find them. My neighbors will love me.

No firearms recovered yet but I am hopeful to say the least.

Dang it! :o

I think they'll wind up finding the accomplice & recovering your stuff. The time frame is too short for them to have dumped it/sold it/pawned it.

Man, talk about your stupid criminals.. driving back by like that. Worked out good for you though.. ;)

Hang in there Bro..

Most insurance copmpanies have a low $1K-$2k fo runscheduled firearm theft losses.

Remember, you did not have a gun stolen. You had a gun stolen and also had a piece of precision optical equipment stolen, which should be seaprately itemize don your claim.

I've see this work - all without any untruths on the claim form.

Damn, Ward... that sucks! Looking more and more like it'll work out, though.

Just so y'all know, Ward is one of the nicest guys out there, so if there is such a thing as Karma, he should have a Lotto win coming his way after all this crapola.

Good luck! :)

If you don't have a gun safe, ask your insurance agent about a special sporting equipment rider. I have one on top of my home owners policy, no deductable for about $12K worth of stuff (reloader press included) and it costs about $200.00 a year. Every time I get a new gun, I just send them a pic and details along with a value for replacement cost. Good to have in case of fire loss or theft.

Oh, I have a safe. Problem is that it doesn't do it's job unless the gun is inside

So, here is the good news so far-

Someone found one of the bags in a trashcan. 6 mags + bladetech holster + wildnerness belt + muffs ! WOOO HOOO!

• 2 weeks later...

So my insurance company, the "good hands" people, are not being nice.

The adjuster says that anything that is used exclusively with a firearm is a firearm. WTF ?

Mags, holsters, etc. NO NO NO I said. YES YES YES he says. Am I wrong here ?

I told him that if my policy says "Firearms and Firearm Accessories" I'll go with that but that a holster is not a firearm. He said he'd refer it to his supervisor.

Stay tuned

The adjuster says that anything that is used exclusively with a firearm is a firearm. WTF ?

I told him that if my policy says "Firearms and Firearm Accessories" I'll go with that but that a holster is not a firearm. He said he'd refer it to his supervisor.

Stay tuned

You may need to remind him the gun you lost wasn't the only one you own.

:angry:

Stay tuned

I'm in TX & don't know the specific wording of your insurance contract or the ones used in CA. (probably ISO based?) but unless there is a specific exclusion in the policy then the holster & other stuff should be considered your personal property & covered under personal property coverage. Your contract may call that coverage c . But, the problem with that may be the deductible & how it's applied outside of any firearm endorsement you have on the policy (if you have that). Find the wording for any specific firearm endorsement if you have that. If not, go into the contract & find the section titled "personal property" see what's covered in the insuring agreement & read through all the exclusions to see what's not covered. Then, go to the section tiltled "perils insured against" (or something to that effect) & read each peril & see if there are any specific exclusions that would apply to firearms or accessories, etc.. I know contracts are not much fun to read & understand but you have to read all of the applicable sections & the exclusions for that section to get all the details. Sit down w/ a note pad & make notes if you need to. By the way, don't worry about the parts of the contract that deal w/ coverage on the dwlg, other structures, or the parts concerning liability. If you don't have the contract ask your agent for another copy along w/ all endorsements you have on the policy.

;)

My agent help me = Call your agent and ask for his help, If he cant give it you need a new one. My agent showed me how some item did not have to be 'listed' = like Linda's older 686 / used revolver. the old one is worth much more than a new one. The listed and non listed is what I think he called it. but I blocked all that out of my memeory.

Meet with your agent face to face.