Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Natec Polymer Cased .223 Ammo

I have heard that some people had problems with it. I notice that the stuff is being blown out at a couple of distributors...which usually has a reason behind it. But, 69 grain Sierra Matchking ammo at $5 per 20 is worth asking...is it any good?

I remember picking up some of this stuff when I went to Mystery Mountain in 04 and it fires just fine in my Mini-14. It was accurate and I didn't have any feeding issues with it. I still have a few boxes but mostly I bought it then because it was kind of a novelty. What I had worked. I wonder if it's just not being taken seriously. There was a run of 12 gauge AA's in an all plastic hull in the 80's(similar to Activ's) that never caught on. I just wish I could have gotten some of those for collector value.

Vince

When I tried it I had all kind of ejection problems with it out of 16" AR. Also over the chrono the results speeds where anywhere in a 200ft/s range of each other. I shot only abaout 3 or 4 boxes but that was enough for me. I heared that they had some problems with some batches, and maybe mine where part of that problem, but I'll let others experiment further.

Not to mention I dont like the idea of non-reloadable cases. I dont load for .223 but I dont want the government to get any strange ideas.