Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
benos

Image Posting (uploading) Guidelines

Can you add the picture as an attachment in this thread, I can try using it on mine and see if it's a file issue

Here it is.

post-53342-0-07044500-1432871962_thumb.j

Edited by HDGoose

There's a bug with the UPLOAD process for changing AVATAR's if you upload the image to a web-site then put the URL in the other field and click IMPORT then it seems to work. Reading a file from the laptop does not work for me either

cut and paste this URL for your avatar (I hosted on my web-site temporarily),

http://www.liveshots.net/downloads/avatar.png

Edited by BritinUSA

Absolutely driving me nuts that using the "place image" icon in the toolbar, pasting the link to my hosted image, and viewing it successfully in preview only results in "File type not accepted" (or whatever it says) when I try to post. Going into photoshop and resizing images is a pain in the ass I'm likely not going to bother with in order to post to these forums. Already did it for 4 images, and for the time invested, wasn't worth even doing.

Bummer.

Absolutely driving me nuts that using the "place image" icon in the toolbar, pasting the link to my hosted image, and viewing it successfully in preview only results in "File type not accepted" (or whatever it says) when I try to post. Going into photoshop and resizing images is a pain in the ass I'm likely not going to bother with in order to post to these forums. Already did it for 4 images, and for the time invested, wasn't worth even doing.

Bummer.

Really? It takes me less than a minute to open a file in PS, image size it down, and save it. I can even tweak color and exposure fairly well in that time frame.....

Im having a problem posting an image that I uploaded to photobucket. I get an error message that reads "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" can someone help me with this?

What is the image extension? I think you can post png, jpg, and several others...

its a jpg file, but i uploaded it to photobucket first. Ive never had a problem on any other form posting pics this way so im stumped as to what is going on. ive reduced the size to 640x360 so it's not to big and still no luck.

this is the pic im trying to post but can only post the link and no an embedded photo

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn163/mallonmichaelp/IMG_20151011_164925481_zpsayqhiwwj.jpg~original

Edited by crazygiant

This one? Download and save to your device and then upload to the post you are trying to.

post-18733-0-15855900-1444604399_thumb.j