Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timer Buzzer Question

Chris Keen

Hi all,

I've read through the MOAT (mother of all timers) post and didnt find what I was looking for, so ............ I wonder if I could ask you all what you think?

I already have a timer of my own. I bought the PACT MK-IV and love it. I need to find a timer for one of our shooters as a replacement timer. His timer was what our club used every Tuesday night for our indoor competitions, and was somehow never returned, and has been missing for over a month now. His was the older CED 6000 Pro-Timer from Competition Electronics, but also had a modified BUZZER on it, that produced a lower tone BUZZ, instead of the newer piezo-type BEEP that we are probably used to hearing.

Well, CE does not make this model anymore. They now make a Pro-Timer IV which is $199 and just about as big as the PACT MK-IV. Seems like alot of money for what you get, and the buzzer will be a high tone.

So my question is simple: Which timer would you all recommend for this situation ?

TIA, :)

Chris

Edited by C.Keen

Ask around your tuesday night group for timers to sample. :blink:;)

I have a CED8000 Dave is welcome to look at and we can try for a match one evening, but you have to promise I'll get it back the following week. ;)

Micah has a Pocket Pro II he'd probably let us use at least while he's there.

The PACT Club Timer III has a bit of a lower tone than most of the others presently available.

• 2 weeks later...
Ask around your tuesday night group for timers to sample. :blink:;)

I have a CED8000 Dave is welcome to look at and we can try for a match one evening, but you have to promise I'll get it back the following week. ;)

Micah has a Pocket Pro II he'd probably let us use at least while he's there.

The PACT Club Timer III has a bit of a lower tone than most of the others presently available.

I love my Pocket Pro! Chris...What did we end up getting for our good friend?

On a side note, anyone is mroe than welcome to borrow my timer. Just hit me up on Tuesdays :D

....His timer was what our club used every Tuesday night for our indoor competitions, and was somehow never returned, and has been missing for over a month now....

Chris

I can relate after shooting a San Diego match towards the end of last year mine was never returned either. Some things just make ya wonder....

I have a spare but I'd vote for the new Pocket Pro II. About the worst thing I've read about this timer is it can he slippery to hold on to. Couple strips of skateboard tape fixes that.