Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"aim Small, Miss Small"

krott5333

this quote goes through my head every time I go shooting. And it makes so much sense, to me anyway.

I can be at 10 yards.. and the target looks bigger, so perhaps I feel it will be easier to make a good shot.. but then I go to 25 yards, and the target seems smaller, so I tend to make better shots (well, not "better", but relatively, for the distance)

so I need to condition myself to make that closer target seem smaller, so I try harder to make a better shot.

Does that make sense?

Edited by krott5333

Yes, it does.

The available scoring surface is the same, but the degree of precision needed is higher for the more distant target. What you need to see from the sights/sight picture is different.

But you don't want to make the mistake of being too precise close in: a hit in the middle of the A zone or a couple inches to either side is still the same # of points, so trading some of the precision for speed is worthwhile.

Welcome to the forums!

Kevin C.

There is another line the movie that makes me think that Mel's character was the first IPSC competitor, and it comes right after your quote.

When Mel is behind the tree getting ready to attack the British, he says, "Lord make me fast and accurate".

Kenny

There is another line the movie that makes me think that Mel's character was the first IPSC competitor, and it comes right after your quote.

When Mel is behind the tree getting ready to attack the British, he says, "Lord make me fast and accurate".

Kenny

What a coincidence.

I think of that little prayer evertime I load and make ready.

Tls

Don't get too caught up on the close targets. This game is an amazing bled of speed and accuracy.......my first few matches went like this:

Good points....too slow

good points...faster

bad points...too fast

ok points......medium speed

get the picture...I am still learning when to step on it and when to slow down a little. You will to :wacko:

I can be at 10 yards.. and the target looks bigger, so perhaps I feel it will be easier to make a good shot.. but then I go to 25 yards, and the target seems smaller, so I tend to make better shots (well, not "better", but relatively, for the distance)

Dont only see the targets, see the SPOT on the target(s) where you want the bullet to go, distance is only relevant to the type of sight focus you need to make the bullets go where you want them, and for the trigger control necessary to make it happen.

Like Ivan said:

It comes from hunting, If you can see the hair on an Elks shoulder, You can put the shot where it needs to go! If you are looking at the whole animal, God help you!