Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Parts

Ron Ankeny

My local Benelli dealer has been trying to get a magazine extension for my M1 since before Christmas. He keeps telling me Benelli has him on back order status. Any suggestions of where I might find a dealer who stocks mag extensions? Thanks.

Ron,

if you can wait a couple of weeks I'll have some answers for you. I just ordered the eight round extension from SSI. It has most likely crossed the Atlantic, but sometimes customs might drag it out a while.

Even

Ron,

I haven't used the DMW extensions. I'm still running the factory +4 extension. I think DMW makes the EZloader load gate commonly used on Remington 1100's/1187's. I have seen the DMW tubes at one of SSI's booths. They look like they are of reasonable quality.

Hopefully someone on the board has experience with them 'cause I've considered getting one.

Ron,

I have been using the 8, 9, and 10 round DMW mag extensions for over a year now with no problems. Well made and they come with a new spring. The tube screws right into the factory tube extension barrel nut. If you do not have a factory extension, then you will need a nut and a barrel/mag tube clamp. SSI carrys all the parts.

I have a Benelli M1Super90 28" Camo, sorry about the camo I got it cheap, I have just modified a spare Combat model magazine tube ( it is about 18" long and holds seven on its own ) to fit onto the existing std mag tube ( which holds three ) this gives me 10+1 nearly eleven + 1. The mag tube is about 3" short of the muzzle. My boss reckons if I make the joiner collar 3" long it will look like an U/O, best part is I should get 12+1.  We will start on this when I can find a piece of alloy tube. The standard magazine extensions which add four rounds are real easy to find here in New Zealand, I would have thought that up in the States it would be easier.

Although the old boys at the Clay Target club don't seem to see the funny side to letting go at an errant clay. Have fun or Fornicate Elsewhere