Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Have Thoughts And Opinions About The Pa-63

XAFSP

Being that all my current guns are single action I am looking for an automatic for a carry gun. I have seen the PA-63s 9mmx18s for a decent price. Does anyone have thoughts or opinions on these autos.

since I am going to order a SKS I can order one of these at the same time( save paper work)

Thanks

Tim

Edited by XAFSP

Based on a few I examined several years ago, the alloy frames are not hard-anodized.

Therefore the frame will incur faster wear from shooting. Whether the wear will be sufficient to cause a problem I cannot say, as I haven't seen one with more than a couple of hundred rounds through it. :ph34r:

Friend of mine bought one about 5 years ago. He has broken 3 or 4 of them, don't remember exactly what but I think one time was the frame cracked. I can say the warranty must be pretty good cause he has gotten a new gun each time from what I remember.

Not a bad little gun for the price. Mine shot quite high, and since it doesn't have adjustables, you just have to know that when you shoot it. Also that little sucker has a little kick for such a small cartridge. Let us know how it goes.

Pk

I have two but for a little more you can purchase a bulgarian makarov, the trigger pull on the pa-63 in double action is not very good. the makarov is fair to good, the east german better. Dillon, fobus have carried concealed leather for some time for the makarovs even though military holsters were availible for both. It generally speaks that the gun is worthy for ccw. Of all the guns in my safe a pa-63 would probaly be chosen last.

Edited by NoTenX