Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Web Design

xcount

This may be a reach but I am looking for advice on web design software. I know so little about it that I don't even know where to start looking, so I am starting here.

The company I work for had a web site designed by a couple of employees a few years ago using MS Front Page 98. The site is pretty crude and, for the company's purposes, useless.

The company would like to re-do, update the site. At least, that is option #1. Assuming we can obtain access (from former employee who, it turns out, owns the domain) and software, we plan to update the existing site.

Option #2 is to forget about the original site and create a new one. This is where my question comes in.

I will probably be tasked with this job. Web design is not something I want to make a career of. Designing this ONE site is not something I want to make a career of. I want to do it as quickly and easily as possible, hopefully without having to learn a whole new language (like HTML).

Can anyone recommend a web design software that is pretty much drag & drop in nature or does no such thing exist?

Any help, ANY HELP, would be greatly appreciated even if it is simply referring me to another forum where I can ask this question.

Thanks in advance.

Even if you use Dreamweaver or another website development system, it is not going to be that easy. The learning curve on even a simple application is fairly steep and it will definitely not happen overnight.

My best advice is to start talking to someone like Kathy (she does web design as a business). The cost of purchasing Dreamweaver and the value of the time you will spend doing this will far outweigh what you will pay someone to do it for you.

Just my .025, but it does come from a lot of web design experience.

Even if you use Dreamweaver or another website development system, it is not going to be that easy. The learning curve on even a simple application is fairly steep and it will definitely not happen overnight.

My best advice is to start talking to someone like Kathy (she does web design as a business). The cost of purchasing Dreamweaver and the value of the time you will spend doing this will far outweigh what you will pay someone to do it for you.

Just my .025, but it does come from a lot of web design experience.

+1 Hire Kathy and have it done for much less than buying Dreamweaver and sending many hours, days, weeks....learning how to get it done.