Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Don Knotts, Tv's Barney Fife, Dies At 81

lndshrk

Don was a great comedian/actor, still like him most in the Ghost and Mr. Chicken and the Reluctant Astronaut.

Darren McGavin has passed away as well. The Night Stalker was a great show, loved it as a kid, still do to this day. Christmas Story was a good flick.

Edited by walangkatapat

One of my favorite lines from "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken"...this may not be exact since it's been years since I've seen the movie...

"The awefulness and terribleness of it all can actually never be forgotten."

The was Mr. Chicken's attempt at journalism, and it struck me as funny enough to remember. RIP

I also grew up with the gang from Mayberry. One of things that stuck with me about these guys is how they were exact opposites off-screen. I saw a show once explaining how Don Knotts was uber laid-back and subdued. He would sit quietly in a chair on the set when he wasn't working and chat amiably with folks who would come by. Andy on the other hand was a almost a train wreck of nervous energy, always bouncing about, sometimes yelling, sometimes displaying frustration over silly things, or being just plain silly.

I remember thinking how it showed what good actors they really were.

• 3 weeks later...