Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Many Stages Without A Penalty?

Jake Di Vita

He had the stated goal of blazing an El Prez. ...The Forum gave him some static on that. Some thought the goal too lofty. Some thought he should be more focused on Alphas.

But some thought he could do it, and are still waiting! :lol: I have no doubt that a sub-3 El Pres is possible, and I would guess that Jake is certainly capable... ;)

The bigger point, in my opinion, is that the goal was getting worked.

+1 - a goal without effort is a fantasy... I tend to agree with one part of caspian38's point that I find it important to word my goals in a positive, self supporting fashion. But I don't have a need to pick nits over someone else's goal setting program... ;) Just set 'em and use 'em!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peep. I was trying to be helpful not annoy or nit pick. peep

"All alphas is impossible in many cases" as long as you keep thinking that it will be!

I think all alphas is possible but would take %100 control %100 of the time. "To be in total control of every single shot you make".

If you go to my controls I think you can just block out my posts if you like. If anyone wants ...send me an email and I would be happy to delete any of my post's on this thread. I personally was not offended by anyone post's as I am using the forums as a sounding board to help myself become mentally a better marksman .I personally welcome the deference's of opinion as they have been responsible for some of my greatest breakthrough's

to many gladiators in the pit and your going to get a scuffle or two. I think the forums are great ! Imagine all of us (highly competitive types )stuck in a room someplace trying to have these conversations :blink: it would be a war zone !

It's all good

C38

I feel honored to be quoted, put please don't take me out of context.

"All alphas is impossible in many cases and as many matches are is on Jake's schedule I'm sure there will be targets with no available "A" not to mention the balance of time and points here... which has nothing to do with penalties."

"no "a" avialable" ... have you shot a match where the entire A zone is covered by hard cover or a no shoot, this is what I meant not that you can't shoot the best points possible.

Edit/

I have just been informed that some amount of the A must be available. however I do not consider some of the targets I have shot for it to be a shot that is viable to take to hit the A zone

/edit

Edited by Steve Moneypenny

If Jake has the goal to shoot 100+ matches without a penalty, don't tell him that it is impossible and that is not a good goal. Encourage him. I had been told by many different people that I couldn't do something because they thought it was impossible to achieve. My motto is the same as the Adidas motto, "Impossible is nothing." If a goal comes in your mind and you think you can achieve it, go ahead and try. I wish you the best. Even if you don't achieve it but come close to it, you are better than you were the day before. Much better than not setting a goal at all.

Jake, I will be checking your website from time to time to check on your progress. I see where you are at 3.08 on the El Prez. Only 9 hundreths of a second from sub-3.

Good luck.

glock17w

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool idea! Glad someone revived this one (thanks Flyin40), or I probably would not have found it.

I may be a little "young" in the sport to work on "big" goals like this, but I love keeping track of things. While I may not set any land-speed records shooting *yet*, I think keeping track of things like this could help me evaluate where I made my mistakes and why (most likely going to be lack of focus).

I don't remember who said it, but somewhere in there someone said "there should have been a 10 or less choice." Why? Maybe they misunderstood the question? I am with the many who said as many as you want to. I also loved the SMART accronym.

My first goal is going to be 5.

So far I am at 1 - the last stage from the last match I shot. :D

BTW Jake, noticed you have this posted on your website (cool). For the record, I'll be watching for you to make it! :)

Edited for spelling <_<

Edited by LittlePistol

With the tree I had going into the Florida Open, I made my first 8 stages at the florida Open before I had a miss, which I now feel was due to a bad stage plan on my part.

So, I made it 11.

I am now currently at 1!!!!!!

I had 5 at a local match and then 10 at the open, so I'm at 15 right now. I'm runnung my local match in the morning, so I know I'll flub it there. Oh well, completing a major with only 4 D's, no mikes, and no procedurals was an awesome feeling. It almost felt kind of boring. no highs or real lows in the match other than being slow.

Kind of a tricky question for some.

I shoot local club matches different than Major matches depending on what I am attempting to work on or change to get ready for major matches. The last 3 or 4 before the major match gets shot like one though.

I also know several others that do similar to this.

Hopalong

• 3 weeks later...

I was up to around 30, but it had to be revised to 2 after the last match I shot.

Not practicing for a couple of months to avoid burnout lead to a couple of "interesting" matches. Interestingly enough, during that period I've won Limited and gotten a 2nd place Limited finish, both of which were a first for me. I'll ignore the fact a few of our better shooters were absent B)

Was up to close to 30 before the Alabama Section match and got one on the second stage we shot.............then the 8th...............You can see where that is going. :(

I guess I'll start again this weekend. <_<

Hopalong

• 3 months later...