Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Absolute Single Favorite Movie?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raising Arizona.  Cages hairdo was priceless, and the prison break/birth scene with Goodman and Forscythe was also very funny.

The Curse of the Jade Scorpion has become my favorite Woody Allen movie.

Apocalypse Now.  Everytime I watch it I see something different.  I have been watching it every 3 or 4 years for the past twenty years and I have changed so much during that time that the experience is different every time.  It doesn't hurt that I have had to write no less than 5 papers on Conrad's "Heart of Darkness."

"Harold and Maude" is a great movie.  Ruth Gordon and Bud Cort were the perfect pair for the film.  There doesn't seem to be an official release of a soundtrack for the movie but "Footsteps In The Dark" has several songs from the movie on it.

-jhgtyre

Isn't Donnie Darko about that schizo kid who see's this really ill tempered bunny rabbit all the time???

Kinda reminds me of the MP's The Search for the Holy Grail

Tim: There you'll find the most foul tempered rodent you've ever laid eye's on!!!  It leaps about.....LOOK AT THE BONES!!!

My Wife's favorite is:

Pulp Fiction

Mine is:

Ghost Dog

(probably because my 2 favorite books are Hagakure and Musashi's book of the five rings).

Our combined all time favorite is Full Metal Jacket...

quick, not fast....

bird

Its hard to pick one, so many genre's to choose.

Drama: Regarding Henry (Harrison Ford)

Comedy:Liar, Liar (Jim Carrey)

Action: Aliens

Suspense/Intrigue: Ronin ( I like Tom Clancy's books, but the movies are too different in plot lines)

I'll have to try to narrow it down more.

(Edited by Pat Harrison at 7:25 pm on Aug. 21, 2002)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Given the criterion of being stranded on a desert island (assuming one with electricity and a functional TV/VCR) what movie would I like to have with me...?

Lots of great ones have been mentioned (so there's no point in repeating them), but the movie that I watch repeatedly is

"The Big Chill"

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...