Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Raising The Power Floor

Cjblackmon

Okay Duck of Death.....

If your Glock should happen to chamber a round and you squeeze the trigger, the striker goes forward, but the round fails to ignite.....

What do you do?

Squeeze the trigger again?

Nah...that doesn't cock the striker again, or does it?

Or do you have to rack the slide to get rid of the bad round?

I don't own a Glock so I don't really know how they work.

I may be wrong on this but I think Glocks should be in there in own division, say ESP maybe?

There should be another semi-auto division for those autoloaders most closely similar to a double-action revolver.

Squeeze the long trigger, the hammer comes back, squeeze back far enough and the hammer falls. Hence, double action.

Pardon the thread drift.

FWIW....WWB .40 S & W 165 grainers PF'ed at 172.5, well over the 125 PF.

Off to the .40/10mm caliber reloading subforum to find me a gamey close to the 125 PF handload.

Outta here!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As its been said before, PF's, trigger pulls and types of trigger actions, light guns & heavy guns, different sights, are not going to win a match, they are a small part of the end result. In the end, the best shooter is going to win. But, if you feel your being creamed by someones equipment, then change your own, don't try and change what others shoot.

I've been shooting for about 3 years. I'm 50 years old. I've took up shooting because physical limitations caused me to give up competitive road racing (running) and mountain biking. I was attracted to shooting because I find the balance of speed, precision, and mechanical issues engaging. I enjoy pursuing what it takes to win, whether it's physical movement, trigger control, or reducing recoil. The rules establish parameters that govern these factors, including a power floor. I want to win. That is the reason that I participate. (Yes, I appreciate the social aspects and 2d Amendment significance, too. I've never met better people than my shooting buddies.) If there is a power floor that I think may have a meaningful impact on my performance, I will load to it. That's part of the fun for me. I don't care what the rules are, because I will comply with them whatever they are and assume others will too. But I think it is disingenuous to criticize a fellow shooter for going to the edge of the rules. It's either legal or not; and while I understand the sentiment, there's no benefit to the argument that something may be legal but still not consistent with IDPA philosophy.

I don't care what the power floor is. But I don't want to be criticized because I know what it is.

*QUOTE*

Squeeze the long trigger, the hammer comes back, squeeze back far enough and the hammer falls. Hence, double action.

The Glock: squeeze the trigger, the striker comes back then releases and the striker falls. Hence, double action.

Don't believe it? BATF determined the Glock is double action.

I'm sitting here thinking how one mentions that IDPA is suposedly an "affordable" sport.

I'd also like someone to define "full power service load", are you talking about anything factory off the shelf, defensive ammo like silver tips or gold dots?

If you want to call it the latter, the affordability just goes out the window when you're talking $20 for 50 rounds off the shelf.

Let's see here, 50 rounds for $6 or 50 rounds for $20...choose the last one and shooters will drop the game like files.

I'd also like someone to define "full power service load"...

It’s not a rule it’s just one of the parts of the “Purpose” of IDPA that is not written into the rules and conflicts with what is allowed by the rules. I think that’s why this thread was started.

Personally I’d like to see them encode it in the rules or drop it from the stated “Purpose”.

Respectfully,

jkelly