Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Vice President Is A Nimrod....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VP Shoots Austin Lawyer With a Tiny Shotgun

Armstrong said Cheney was firing a 28-gauge shotgun, a small-bore weapon commonly used for hunting birds. Cheney has come to her ranch to hunt quail once a year for at least 15 years, and she called him "a very conscientious hunter."

A 28 gauge? Does he just like expensive guns or he too nancy-boy for a real shotgun? <_<

-Chet

"The nature of quail shooting ensures that this will happen. It goes with the turf," said their host, Katharine Armstrong, owner of Armstrong Ranch.

Remind me to stay off her turf.

*Important note: No hunting dogs were injured during the making of this promotional spot on Finger and Muzzle Discipline.

Jim Clark Sr got in the habit of using a 28 g. shotgun for his bird hunting to make it more of a challenge ... not because he could not handle the kick from a heavier caliber.

We do the same thing on quail. Pheasant get a sxs in 20 g., but for the quick and delicate birds a 28 makes it far more fun.

Gotta love the CYA job the land owner is doing for the Vice President. Getting shot in the face and chest goes with hunting quail? :lol: Where? I have hunted birds throughout the US, over great dogs and bad, and have never shot a hunting buddy...nor been shot by a hunting buddy. Course, I hunt with guys that would kick your ass if you even shot at them...and would likely shoot back if you shot them.... :D Cheney would be better off if he could convince this woman to stfu.

Went to a meeting/pheasant hunt a few years ago. The muzzle discipline was terrible, can't count the number of times I was swept. Couldn't figure out whether it was safer to be a blocker or a pusher. I wouldn't do that again with a group of folks I didn't know.

I'd rather be the guy who got shot than Cheney, it would be hard to put that one behind you.

I read that the guy who got peppered had left the hunt and then rejoined the hunt without announcing he had returned. If you circle the "path" in which the hunt is moving without notifying the rest of the group it would increase likelihood of such an incident occurring. I don't know what happened but safe hunting is the responsibility of ALL parties on a hunt.

VP Shoots Austin Lawyer With a Tiny Shotgun

Armstrong said Cheney was firing a 28-gauge shotgun, a small-bore weapon commonly used for hunting birds. Cheney has come to her ranch to hunt quail once a year for at least 15 years, and she called him "a very conscientious hunter."

A 28 gauge? Does he just like expensive guns or he too nancy-boy for a real shotgun? <_<

-Chet

Chet... Chet... Chet it takes a real man to go out with a 28 gage the only thing more dificult is a 410. when you bring one down with a 28 and the other guys use a 12 you kinda of shame them. ....It s like going to a knife fight with just your hands. but the birds do not leave as many scars.

LMAO! Just a few minutes ago on the CNN-Situation Room report a report gave the viewers a first hand look at the "type" of shell fired by the VP....hahahaha I almost rolled outta my chair on onto the floor in laughter. What the reporter had done was cut the top off of a 00 buckshot shell. He took the shell and dumped the pellets into his hand with camera zoomed in...lol Somebody somewhere set him up for a good laugh....must be some good ol' boyz down south! Its hard enough to shoot gamebirds with 6 or 7 1/2 shot...lol

I hunt with guys that would kick your ass if you even shot at them...and would likely shoot back if you shot them.... :D

Of course, we must consider the fact that Mr. Whittington is very fortunate to be alive had the roles been reversed.

Marinade on this: If the shoe was on the other foot and Whittington had "accidentally" shot Cheney, it is entirely possible that the Secret Service would have stepped in and finished Mr. Whittington off post haste! :unsure:

-Chet

I hunt with guys that would kick your ass if you even shot at them...and would likely shoot back if you shot them.... :D

Of course, we must consider the fact that Mr. Whittington is very fortunate to be alive had the roles been reversed.

Marinade on this: If the shoe was on the other foot and Whittington had "accidentally" shot Cheney, it is entirely possible that the Secret Service would have stepped in and finished Mr. Whittington off post haste! :unsure:

-Chet

Interesting point. But then again, they let Jimmy Carter's rabbit get away, didn't they? :lol: