Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock magwell

spook

Hi guys,

what magwell should I definately stay away from? I saw that the guys from glockmeister said one of the wells really sucked, but they didn't mention which one. They just said something about a company in the NW USA.

Which magwells do you guys have good experiences with? I want a heavy (either brass or stainless steel) well to fit a G17/34. It should fit all basepads and stock mags and the gun must fit the box. Any ideas? Is the topglock magwell any good? It's the heaviest at 5.5lbs.

Thanks,

Bjorn

Five and a half pounds that would be heavy.  :)

I haven't tried any of the magwells.  Maybe there will be some at the Nationals.  I'll see if I can get my hands on them.

Somebody that shoots GSSF might have info on various models.  I'll post this question on Glock Talk.

The T.H.E. magwell is probably your best bet as sold by TopGlock.  They don't make one for the large frame Glocks (I shoot a 21) so I got a Lightning Strike Stainless well.  It takes a bit of work to accept all brands of magazine basepads, but mine now does and it will swallow a stock length mag too.  The T.H.E. is more accepting of basepads according to friends of mine that use them.  I honestly don't know about the box though.  There is a great article in Front Sight about the two magwells listed above.  Email me if you would like any more info.

I've been using a THE Accessories mag well for about 9 months now.......very pleased with the quality. The brass model adds weight to the frame and gives my G35 a more substantial feel. I also like the fact that the grip is not constricted by the well and that all my mags will still drop free.

And you can't ignore the cool color on an otherwise black gun.......terribly pimp!