Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Moderator

Jeff Gonzales

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome.  

Pat,

My shooting experience comes from 12 years as a Navy SEAL.  As an operator in combat and an instructor at BUDs.  I am currently the Director of Training with Trident Concepts and an instructor at Gunsite, plus some off-shore stuff I do for the State Department.  By no means do I know everything when it comes to shooting, but I have forgotten more than most.  

As for Glocks, they work under any circumstances.  In combat or competition their performance is top notch.  They will do their part as long as you do yours.  Contrary to belief, I only own a few.  

As for Trident, we are the most diverse company out there.  Nobody has the capability to accomplish what we do across the board.  We are not solely responsible for shooting, but have many facets.  All of which are brought to the public in cutting edge curriculum and programs.

I hope this helps answers some questions, but feel free to ask me more.  Take care and stay safe.

Later,

Glad to see someone with your 'real world' experience on the boards. You should fit in nicely. Sounds like a pretty interesting company, I see by your company calendar that you are very busy too.

I agree with what you say about Glocks, they are extremely robust. I've had better luck with them then any other modern service pistol.

Again, great to see your involvement, hope to see many informative posts.

Pat

Hi Jeff,

My wife and I were at the gun shop today getting some stuff for my .357 revolver and she really want's a Glock.

She has her eye on the Glock 19.

She already has an HK USP compact .45, Colt 1911 and a Walther TPH.

Is the 19 a good model to buy???

I am lucky to have a wife that don't hate guns and her favorite is the HK MK23.. and she is very petite.

go figure..

Welcome aboard..

For women with petite hands the G19 is an excellent combination.  My wife uses a G19 and is very comfortable and proficient with it.  With a healthy apetite for firearms, I believe the Glock will make an excellent addition.  Chances are dust will accumulate on the others, but they still make great book ends, just kidding.  Thanks for the welcomes.

Later,

All right Jeff,

another great bit of wisdom,

not only have you given me great advice on shooting in the past (other boards).

Now I can finally keep those darn books from always falling down....lol

Great advice from the Silent warrior....