Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock power factor question

Jeff Gonzales

Yeah, you can fire 9mm through a .40. I've seen it done. The extractor will hold the round in place well enough for the firing pin to get a good whack at the primer. Your casings sure look funny afterwards. I'm told you can do the same thing with .40 in a .45.

Now, just how useful this knowledge might be is up for debate. But isn't it good to know, if you're ever out there trying to survive the hordes of radioactive mutant cannibal zombies and all you've got is one round of 9mm for your .40 Glock, you can still make it fire.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know Triton list a 135 grain bullet at 1200 for a 162 pf from a 4 inch barrel. i'll bet that out of a glock 34 or 17L that this load would make major. and i'll bet the 147 grain Corbons at 1100 out of a 4 inch barrel would make major out of a 17L. so if two factory loads make major out of factory guns how can uspsa say it' not safe?

Because USPSA can't control the skill of the reloader, and loading 9mm to a Major PF safely is something you'll have to be REALLY good to do. Whether most reloaders want to admit it or not, few of them can turn out ammo of a quality and safety level commensurate with the top-of-the-line factories.

DT,

I was just responding to your post on the 9/.40 feeding/breechface thing.  I wasn't trying to post some "amazing" fact or anything.  

I apologize for any descent into G****Talk mode.  Sorry for the confusion.

Eric