Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eaa/tanfoglio Gold Custom

BritinUSA

The gun kept dragging on the SpeedSec. Still not exactly sure why, maybe it was the way I had it setup, maybe I was pulling the gun out at an angle or something. Either way, sometimes I could get a slick draw and other times it just stuck. If ever LimCat come out with a holster for tanfoglio I would get it in a heartbeat.

The Safariland is secure, but I just prefer a smaller holster.

What bullet/powder/load are you using?

To snatch from one of Brit's prior posts.....

.355 Montana Gold RN CMJ

8.5 grains of N350 (makes about 175PF, very flat shooting) This is with the V8. the same load should still make major with the V12

OAL = 1.220"

Starline .38 SuperComp

The Tanfoglio/EAA perfer Round nose bullets. Accuracy is terrific with this load. Easy to hold head shots (sorry upper A/B) at 40 yards.

This post has been edited by BritinUSA: Dec 5 2006, 10:14 PM

I actually used a SPeedsec for my Edge and my HK usp. No hangup or drag problems. With the Ghost I experience this once in while. Seated draws I find the Speedsec is tops......nothing beats it.

The Ghost's spring is a little strong(the one behind the ball),...so I cut two coils from the spring and the retention is still there,...but less drag. You also have to watch not to cant it too much.....as the tendency to pull it out, instead of straight up draw it under pressure can cause it to snag a bit.

Edited by Mo Hepworth