Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've done some more tinkering.........

TDean

Giving thanks for the 4-day weekend, I ate some turkey and retired to the "gunroom".  I've been thinking about doing a modification to the Glock for some time and finally had the chance.  

For several months now I've relied on thin copper "leaf" wrapped several times around the rear of the trigger bar to limit the over-travel in my Glock trigger.  It worked, but I was always worried it would come loose and seize the action.  A better method must exist.

I gutted the frame of all trigger components and drilled a 1/8" hole in the frame where the trigger bar contacts the frame (right-rear portion of the frame).  I then installed a slightly larger allen headed screw into the hole.  This works as an adjustable over-travel stop.

Coat small screw with a plastic friendly Loc-tite and operate the trigger while adjusting the screw until satisfied, let dry.

Fired 50rds today for proof of concept.  Liked it!  The metal to metal stop is solid and gives a crisper feeling to the 2.25 lb. trigger.

The only external sign of a modification is the small hole in the "beavertail" area of the grip.  I could have only drilled enough to NOT poke through the outside of the frame, but I wanted to ba able to adjust the stop with an allen wrench quickly without removing the internals.

*Disclaimer: Not recommended for defensive use.  Any such modification to your Glock pistol will void warranty.

Really?!!

Here I was thinking that I had forged ahead into un-chartered teritory...............

As opposed to what I did, I thought JP installed a nylon screw behind the trigger to limit it's movement.  I've never seen his work.