Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite load for 9mm Glock?

midvalleyshooter

Here is a thread from GlockTalk that you might want to check out.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&amp...p;highlight=9mm

*Disclaimer*

It's kinda an unwritten rule...we don't mention Brian's Forum on GlockTalk.  Those guys can get a little silly and/or heated in their posts sometimes.  True seekers of knowledge will find their own way here.  

I'll look some more and see what I come up with.

I now this is heresy on a reloading forum - but instead of reloading 9mm I am buying Winchester 115gr 9mm traget ammo at WALMART. $11.00 for 100 rounds.

I have been reloading since 1983 for USPSA. I still reload 40S&W, 9x21, and 45 ACP - but, factory 9mm for $5.50 per 50 has stopped me from reloading 9mm.

Thanks for the replies fellas. The G34 is primarily for IDPA but I may use it in 3 gun or IPSC if I have not switched the 1050 over to .45acp for the Kimber.

I know 9mm can be purchased on the cheap but so can components and with the 1050 assembling them is not heavy on the time element.

Keith

MVS,

Sounds like you have the setup.  Don't forget, a lot of these loads are probably for a shorter barreled gun.  You, of course, will get a bit more zip in the G34...so work up to the loads.  Thought I should mention it.  Lots of people readig these post now days.

Let us know how it goes.

The 9mm load I sort of stuck with through the years is 5.1gr ww231, wsp, 115gr.

Not very original but it works...

I've shot it a couple of times in Production with my Beretta 92. I just snagged a free Glock 17 and this load seem to do just fine in it also..

My buddy Duane and I shot a few loads today. We used his Beretta Elite 2, Springfield 9mm loaded and my G-34. All loads used below used 124 grain fmj bullets. Here are the results.

Load                 Elite           Springfield          G-34

4.0 Bullseye      987            1003                  1010

5.5 VV3N37       941              962                    994

4.9 IMR7625     996             1031                 1035

4.4 VVN320      1024           1039                  1022

4.4 Titegroup   1078                                     1116

I some drills with the Bullseye and VVN320 loads to see if one shot softer. I did not see a significant difference. Bullseye may be the way to go in 9mm. I will do some more testing and also shoot for accuracy, then decide.

Thanks for all the input,

Keith

• 1 month later...

When I shot a Glock in competition...waay back when I started :) ..I loaded heavy bullets, either 145 gr lead or 147 gr jacketed. Powder was either 540 or AA#5 and around 5 to 5.5 gr (start at 5 gr) Made a very soft load. and the Glock cycles pretty fast so there wasn't much 'sluggishness' I'd like to try that load again now using Vit 340 or 3n37 just to see what its like.

Pat

Keith, my general 9mm load for practice or GSSF was 124 gr jacketed, up to 5.2 of N330. Less powder, I forget exactly how much, look it up in Viht.'s booklet, under a 147 made for a softer feeling load.

I've also shot plenty of coated lead bullets through Glocks. Again, N330 is the far-and-away best powder.

Bullseye is what I started reloading 9mm with. It's too dirty and doesn't fill the case enough.

• 2 weeks later...