Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Gun To Build Next?

I'm thinking about building a 2nd limited gun. I currently use an SV full dust cover .40 and have a Brazos race gun being built. I've been having a few issues with the front sight on my Infinity and am thinking of building a back up gun or a gun to replace the Infinity and have the Infinity as a backup gun. I tend to buy guns that are avail. like single stack 1911's but never use them so I figure if I'm going to spend money on guns they might as well be ones that I will use.

So my question is what would you buy? Would you wait to see what pops up in the classifieds and try to find a good deal or have a brother to the Brazos and build a .40 limited gun or get something completely different like a Bedell gun? I'm not sure if I'll even get anything else but it is definately on my mind.

Thanks,

Pete

If I do decided to build another gun I'm leaning heavily towards a short dust cover .40 Brazos gun. The reason is that then my race and limited gun would be very similiar and then the SV would be something different? The Bedell guns are pretty sweet too... Or maybe I will just save my money...

Brazos. My limited gun is a work of art. (So is my open gun, I guess.)

You can shoot rocks, spit wads, and even jhp's with it as long as they're .40.

You'll see what I mean when you get your open gun.

Oh man Pete, you don't need another Limited gun. Come to more matches, save the money to travel to the bigger matches in our Area, if your gun goes down one of us can fix it or give you something to use that is nearly identical. If anything, buy some spare parts and try to break your Infinity by shooting the crap out of it.

Look for srf's thread on backup guns.

Problems with your front sight again? Are you opening Budweisers with that thing?

Steve,

I shot a steel match at MRA recently and I couldn't hit anything and it was driving me nuts. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Then I went shooting on paper just to see what I was doing wrong and again my shots were ALL over the paper. I went shooting yesterday and the same thing. I took my carry gun a Glock 26 and shot 20 times better than my SV. I then knew it wasn't me. I checked the front site again and it was wobbling around. I didn't think it was that because I had it pinned. I called Santuri and he said that is the first he's seen of that and that he'll just screw the site down so it will never move again. I have to swing down there tomorrow morning. It sucks cause I was going to shoot a match in Malden tonight but that isn't happening. Oh well could be worse!!! That was prob. the reason I had such a hard time on the dual plate rack at S&W.

As for the back up gun... Brazos said it would take until Dec. 1st to have it complete unless I buy a semi-custom gun which will be ready May 1st. I would want a short dust cover gun so I would need a full custom. I don't know if I'm patient enough to wait that long.

You going to the gun show this weekend?

What did he pin the front sight with? Toothpicks?

I'm not a gun show guy. If I can do anything, I'll go practice.

Dan, our section coordinator, will have a Brazos limited gun next month. I'm sure he'll let you can check it out.

Edited by GTOSHootr

What sucks is that I've been trying to shoot as much as I can but now this gun doesn't want to work for me. It cost me shooting for tonight as well as practice yesterday. I'm so far behind on my shooting and practice and I need to be shooting more!!! Now I have to drive all the way to R.I. to fix the site. What sucks even more is one of my snowmobile buddies is going riding tomorrow and I can't go because I have to go to R.I.

If I decide to buy another gun I've narrowed it down to the following:

1.) Brazos Limited gun w/short dust cover

OR

2.) JP Rifle IPSC Tactical Rifle

I know they are totally different. I keep saying I want an AR but I'm afraid to get one because the last one I had I never used.

• 2 weeks later...