Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Limited Sights

rhgunguy

I lost the elevation set screw on mine(it and the pin at the front of the sights work themselves loose) I got another from para, but it is alot shorter than the one I remember screwing back into the gun between stages. Does anyone make a drop-in replacement? Or should i stick to the factory sights? If so, how do I adjust them and make it so they do not come apart again?

If it is fixed sights, then I would use some brake cleaner to degrease the hole and screw, then use blue loctite when you get it where you want it. If it is the Para adj sight I would recommend trying another brand. We had a slew of them give up the ghost and they were replaced by Bomars and I have never heard any of the guys complain again( this was 5 yrs ago...) Good luck, DougC

When I broke the elevation screw on my Para Ltd. I orded an ELEVATION SCREW & SPRING KIT(stock #135-001-002 from Brownells. That kit has the longer screw that will fit your LPA/PARA rear sight.

The hole on my sight was stripped as bad as the screw was. So i replaced the entire sight w/ one from CASPIAN(stock #168-202-110). That sight was just as good or better than the stock sights and it installed in the stock dovetail.