Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

V Comp Front Sight

MIKE MSM

G'day Guys

Are Fibre Optic front sights readily available for the V Comp these days?

I know that a while ago they were not to be had for love nor money so I made one for a mate.

Im sure its cheating to have your own R&D machine shop with things like a wirecutter etc but if these are still not available I'll make up some more.

The gun in the pictures has seen a lot of work in IPSC and ICORE including the Australian Nationals in both disciplines.

Mikepost-7395-1138192925_thumb.jpgpost-7395-1138193411_thumb.jpg

Edited by MIKE MSM

Very nice work, I wish I had a machine shop.

I hope this doen't cut into a prospective business for you but Pinnacle Custom Guns will make one out of a factory front like he did for me. Not as big as yours but very good work. He can also make it thinner if you like.

Edited by TMC

I hope this doen't cut into a prospective business for you but Pinnacle Custom Guns will make one out of a factory front like he did for me. Not as big as yours but very good work. He can also make it thinner if you like.

Hi all,

New guy to the forum here. I have a 625 Vcomp and I was going to have Bob Miles put on a optic sight. The dovetail is unique and the front sight hight was taller than an average S&W. I would also be interested in one if available.

Jeff :)

TMC

Thanks for the Pinnacle web sight. I'm sending Mark my 625 Vcomp front sight in the mail and he said he will have it done in about a week. I also ordered two of his oversized cylinder release. Nice guy to talk to. I sort of bought it on speck so it you can post a picture, I would appriciate it.

Jeff :rolleyes:

Not the best pictures but I think you can get a feel for it.

100_2870.JPG

100_2871.JPG

Thanks TMC.

I'm curious, The front sight seems lower than the original that was used to transform it. How did it change the sight picture and adjustments?

Jeff

Jeff,

The front is the same height as the one it replaced, it may just look lower. As for sight picture I didn't have to change a thing, I put it in and it was dead on.

Edited by TMC

Jeff,

The front is the same height as the one it replaced, it may just look lower. As for sight picture I didn't have to change a thing, I put it in and it was dead on.

Very Cool TMC, can't wait for mine to come,

Thanks

Now if I could only hit the targets........ ;)

G'day Merlin

This is the only pic I have from the front.

Hope it helps.

I figure it's silly to try and ship each sight from this side of the world to inividual shooters on the other side so I will try and find a Smith/ Dealer and send them a few and let them distribute them in the US.

Mike

post-7395-1138457589_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Mikey 357,

Getting these to the US is easy.

It would seem that getting them to shooters in the US is hard.

As far as I know these are the only long format FO front sights for the V Comp.

We all know that the longer the FO rod the brighter the dot.

In this design the rod is supported over its length for increased strength.

Find me somebody to ship them to and you too can have one

Mike

• 1 year later...

Did this potential source of fiber-optic sights for the V-Comps ever get off the ground? Is anybody making them?

I just bought a new 627 V-Comp off Gunbroker and am wondering what the options are.

Did this potential source of fiber-optic sights for the V-Comps ever get off the ground? Is anybody making them?

I just bought a new 627 V-Comp off Gunbroker and am wondering what the options are.

I talked to Randy Lee a while back about the V-Comp sights. The only ones he had heard of lately were from this thread. I ended up drilling mine for the FO and milling 2 3/16 slots to let the light in.

Dave Wilson

Here is an alternative. I know it fits because I'm fitting a narrow on to a bubby's 45 V-Comp. They are way tall but that's what files are for. The dovetail is a standard 3/8". Once we work this one down we plan to buy a .125 wide sight and drill/cut it for fiber. Oh yeah, we mounted it backwards so the ramp is on the front. B)

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...amp;s=6793#6793

I couldn't find one either so i whupped one up on my rusty old bridgeport at work.

I made one for my 627 and cut a 3/8 dovetail in my sp101 and made one for it.

it's 5/8" long which is deep for a .040 hole!

the one the original poster made looks really great!

• 3 weeks later...

When I checked with Dawson, they advised to send them the front sight and they would find one of their fibre optics that was the same height and make the necessary adjusts to the base. It was add $10.00 for the extra file work basically. Scott @ SDM Manufacturning said if he had the gun inhouse, he'd mount a fibre optic on it.

I had talked to a gentleman about a year ago who was in the process of casting a brass V-Comp with a standard Dawson front sight cut milled in the V-Comp shroud. He was going to offer different weight comps with different sights. He had planned on a model that would have ports behind the fibre, far enough away to keep them from getting melted or blacken. Increase in sight radius was in .50 increments. Last phone number I have is disconnected, but I have his name somewhere and may try to track him down this week.

michaels

When I checked with Dawson, they advised to send them the front sight and they would find one of their fibre optics that was the same height and make the necessary adjusts to the base. It was add $10.00 for the extra file work basically. Scott @ SDM Manufacturning said if he had the gun inhouse, he'd mount a fibre optic on it.

I had talked to a gentleman about a year ago who was in the process of casting a brass V-Comp with a standard Dawson front sight cut milled in the V-Comp shroud. He was going to offer different weight comps with different sights. He had planned on a model that would have ports behind the fibre, far enough away to keep them from getting melted or blacken. Increase in sight radius was in .50 increments. Last phone number I have is disconnected, but I have his name somewhere and may try to track him down this week.

michaels

G'day Guy's

Sorry I've been off playing other games

I can still produce the 627 FO front sights in any quantity.

I'm currently playing with 627/V comp comps which match the factory barrel profile.

They are about 2" long. We are currently playing with port sizes mainly to suit ICORE loads.

Will post some pic's

All the best

Mike

michaels

G'day Guy's

I'm currently playing with 627/V comp comps which match the factory barrel profile.

They are about 2" long. We are currently playing with port sizes mainly to suit ICORE loads.

Will post some pic's

All the best

Mike

Looking forward to see what you come up with

• 3 weeks later...

michaels

G'day Guy's

Will post some pic's

All the best

Mike

Looking forward to see what you come up with

G'day Underlug

I have pic's in the camera just need to get them onto the forum.

Mr Carmoney I still haven't finished your sight but it is underway.

The sad thing is, work is what gets in the way of making fun stuff.

Mike