Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 LR Glock Top Ends

EricW

OK, it's time once again to help Eric spend his money before he makes it...

Any one have experience with the 22 cal top ends for the Glock?  I'm considering an Advantage Arms model.  Any problems or considerations?  I want to get one just for practice to reduce my costs, but don't want to practice my jam clearing technique every 4th round.  :)

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Eric

It will make major sir!

You'll need a 40gr going 4250fps. (170PF)

This is obviously a compressed load with 10grs of #9 in that .22 case.

You'll need to get Starline's .22Super brass though, it's thicker around the web for the needed pressure increase.

T Dean,

Thanks for the reloading data!  I was thinking of forgoing the nitrocellulose for nitroglycerin. (That way I won't have to compress the charge.)  Now all I need is a calibrated eyedropper and a good ER physician on call. ;)

Seriously, thanks for all the feedback everybody.  This is absolutely a great forum!  It's become one of my favorite places on the 'net.

Eric

• 5 months later...

Range Report -

I've just broken my first part on my AA Glock Kit:  the Striker Sleeve.  They use a plastic striker sleeve, just like Glock, unfortunately it's not as strong.  If anyone has an AA kit, I highly recommend breaking down the top and and checking this out.  If you're having failures to fire - like I did - this may be why.

Otherwise the kit is doing well.  

E