Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Psa Shootout

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, one better :wacko: .......My Swenson thumb safety cracked yesterday and I didnt see it until midnight when I was cleaning the guns....... :angry:

Actually the POS lasted 3 years, so I shouldnt bitch too loud..... :lol:

Good thing I had several spare safeties that I could try....last one worked! B)

See ya there!

DougC

Shot AM & PM on Friday. Several new targets and plate racks made it awesome!!!

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped make the match happen. The I-shot mag pouch was great.

Edited by .40AET

On behalf of myself and my daughter Dawn, I'd like to thank everyone involved for a wonderful match. Dawn (11 years old) picked up a pistol for the first time on this Easter Sunday, six days before the match, and shot about 150 rounds. Then on Friday night, she shot our club's indoor 4-stage IPSC match, to the tune of another 75 rounds. We got home around 11:00pm and woke up at 4:30am to start our day.

As soon as we arrived, as luck would have it, there was an open slot on my squad for the afternoon. The stats/match help were all over her with words of encouragement. We milled around visiting the vendor area and another stroke of luck...

Bruce from B.C. Armory had a shiny new Para P-16, and I got the look from my daughter's eyes. Daddy? :wub: Oh-no!

It was a done deal!

Then, as any parent knows, it was time for the food. Burgers, dogs, soup, homemade cakes and cookies. The afternoon came and it was time to shoot. Stage after stage she left nothing standing with mags to spare! (Stock Auto) I was floored. There were some really challenging shots by anyone's standards. (She's hooked and my ammo bill has doubled in less than a week).

Next Saturday, it's off to The NYS rifle match... Dawn started shooting just last year with a 22 rifle (as all kids should). She then took things up a notch by shooting a couple of the smaller stages in the O.B. Cats action rifle match (swinging no-soots and all) with a full .223 (got all her hits and no penalties) and actualy beat out some of the guys. :D

See you all on the range with my shootin' buddy,

Bill

Edited by Bill Rosenthal

Dawn is a spectacular kid. She has been shooting with the OB/CATS for about a year. She also shot in our Pocket gun match with a .38 revolver earlier this year.

I give it about a year before Bill is trailing Dawn in the standings.

We need more kids like this!!!

Jim Norman

Another fantastic fun match... even with some rain. I can't ever remember that place being both dry and warm on a day I was shooting!! That 3-way split popper was a son-of-a-gun, too. Ooooofa!

Time to start posting scores among us. How about match total and best stage?

I shot OpenAuto in 110.26 total, and best stage was #1 in 11.40

Time to start posting scores among us. How about match total and best stage?

open auto: 148.95...no really good runs...i stink with the red dot.

stock auto: 155.65...best run, stage 2 (texas star stage), 21.88. that's right, i shot that stage faster than both the slider stage and the popper stage. i had a complete disaster on the sliders...missed a target...then couldnt find it...then found it and shot it...with a 6-second split. ouch! tried to go too fast on both stages and ended up with a boatload of misses. i was somewhat happy that i was able to rebound with a good run on stage 2, the last stage of my match.

once again, the psa organizers did a fantastic job. everything runs so smoothly at this match...year after year. those guys (and ladies) really know how to run a match. thank you kay, brad and rosie (and everyone else) for all the hard work that went into putting it together.

did anyone break 100???

Strader shot Limited in around 105 on Sunday am, which I expect will be the time to beat.

Still some top dogs running on Sunday afternoon with a chance to touch 100. I am pretty sure I dropped 10 seconds over the course of the day, so without screw ups its certainly a realistic goal.

The match was a bit harder than last year so figure adding maybe 3 seconds on last years best times as a guess.

Strader shot Limited in around 105 on Sunday am, which I expect will be the time to beat.

Still some top dogs running on Sunday afternoon with a chance to touch 100. I am pretty sure I dropped 10 seconds over the course of the day, so without screw ups its certainly a realistic goal.

The match was a bit harder than last year so figure adding maybe 3 seconds on last years best times as a guess.

105 in Limited is pretty awesome.

My squad thought that the match actually was just a tad easier and ran a little faster then last year. It's hard to judge though. I guess we will find out when we get the match results.

Thank you PSA staff for hosting my favorite match of the year. I look forward to next year and will practice counting to ten.

ps.........Bring on the Big Stick Open Division next year!!! :)

LOST UMBRELLA:

SATURDAY AFTERNOON I LET A BLUE & WHITE UMBRELLA SIT ON A TABLE AT THE SIDE EVENTS. IT HAS WILLIAMS FORMULA 1 LOGO ON EVERY OTHER PANEL. PLEASE EMAIL IF YOU FOUND IT.

emai: karlmckeever@verizon.net

thanks, Karl @ GT

I was indeed 105.71 in Limited...as long as the scoring is done right! I had to throw in extra loads on two stages.

In Open, I did extra loads on every stage but one. I was at 49 seconds with stages 1,2,3 left (pretty easy ones), and I completely tanked them...badly. I ended up with 102.41 in Open.

I'd have to say my best stage was stage 6 in Stock with an 18.23. I just edged out Megan "Magic" Madigan by .09 sec! She killed that stage, and was in top 5 contention until she died on the last one.

Thanks to all of the PSA staff for another great match, and a great time. It was a wonderful way to finish up my last PSA Shootout.

Phil

I was indeed 105.71 in Limited...as long as the scoring is done right! I had to throw in extra loads on two stages.

In Open, I did extra loads on every stage but one. I was at 49 seconds with stages 1,2,3 left (pretty easy ones), and I completely tanked them...badly. I ended up with 102.41 in Open.

I'd have to say my best stage was stage 6 in Stock with an 18.23. I just edged out Megan "Magic" Madigan by .09 sec! She killed that stage, and was in top 5 contention until she died on the last one.

Thanks to all of the PSA staff for another great match, and a great time. It was a wonderful way to finish up my last PSA Shootout.

Phil

Last PSA Shootout??????????????

Thanks to everyone who helped put on the match. It was a great time!

And a very big thanks to i-SHOT for sponsoring both team-i and the match....

I finished the match at 125 (and change) seconds. I can't remember the exact time. Stage 6 was definitely my best with a 18:32 time! :D But I fell apart on my last 2 stages. The Texas Star stage was my worst, although not because of the star, I just couldn't seem to count (or reload) for anything! :wacko:

Next year Phil........ :ph34r:

Yeah, Doug shot the PM slot in Open, but he used his iron sight gun.

102 is definitely beatable in stock, but I'm not sure how he did.

I'll be living in OK by next year, so chances of flying out will probably be slim. I'm hoping we'll be so busy at the US Shooting Academy I won't have time to do anything but teach!

Thanks again, PSA staff...and sponsors!

Phil

Edited by gmshtr

Pop quiz. You have two bags of ammo on the table, one for the limited gun and one for the glock. You're shooting limited at a major match, what ammo do you grab?

If you're a moron like myself, you take the short loaded glock ammo. That, coupled with the open gun breaking an ejector on the first stage makes for a bad time. All I have to say is if there was a pump action division I would have cleaned house!

Great match Kay and Brad! And thanks to all the RO's and support staff that dealt with the weather! The new targets were quite interesting and made a nice change to the match.

What can be done to get scores out? The final accounting and cash distribution can follow down the road, but we ought to get times/scores posted pretty quickly.

Can you give us an idea when the results will be posted, Kay??

What can be done to get scores out? The final accounting and cash distribution can follow down the road, but we ought to get times/scores posted pretty quickly.

Can you give us an idea when the results will be posted, Kay??

Soon.....berry berry soon.......... :)