Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Lubrication

8 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Can you post a link to the 1050 tear down and lube video?

I checked Dillon's videos, but didn't seem much on the 1050...

Oddly, Dillon does not have a video for the 1050 but this one is pretty good. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/6/2018 at 1:14 PM, RaylanGivens said:

Can you post a link to the 1050 tear down and lube video?

I checked Dillon's videos, but didn't seem much on the 1050...

I used this one: 

Let me know if liked it!  JD

Edited by JDIllon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/14/2006 at 9:02 PM, tpe187 said:

Hi Guys,

I'm constantly hearing different information about maintenance on the Dillons. I have a 650 that I try to keep well maintained. What I would like to know is if anyone has ever come up with a diagram or a video that details where and what you should lubricate. I know the main shaft gets 30w motor oil and the center stud is supposed to be greased, but what else. The manual only mentions those two spots.

I remember when the machine was new there was grease on the shell locater, and on the plastic slide for the case feed and on the actuator for the primer advance. I don't see any mention of that in the manual. I also know that there are holes in the linkage that people grease. I don't have a grease gun that small, so I use oil.

I have the maintenace kit that has the syringe of grease, but no other mention of where to use it. What kind of grease is in this syringe anyway?

I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything in my search. Maybe I'm not asking correctly. Any old links or directions to the info would be greatly appreciated.

As a caveat, I am only loading about 4K a year so no danger of it disintagrating on me and I know Dillon would replace anything that did.

Thanks.

Tom

anything that frictions against another part gets grease on my 650.

On 2/14/2007 at 8:50 PM, Okie-Glocker said:

My 550 does not have grease zerks either. Purchased in December 06 from BrianEnos.com.

There are pilot holes (6 total / 2 for each pivot pin) that I suppose you could put zerks but I don't know why they didn't get put on at the factory? I don't know how else you could grease the pivot pins otherwise?

Okie

You can buy a small grease pump with a needle fitting that will pump grease into that tiny hole.  http://www.dualco-inc.com/products.push.html

be sure to get the one with the needle dispenser.

• 1 year later...
On 10/23/2018 at 9:58 AM, PhillySoldier said:

Is there a particular type of grease thats recommended to be used?

I started with a tube of some black synthetic moly which I though might be superior. What it did was make a superior mess. Then while watching one of Dillon's videos saw that they used a blue colored grease for assembly. I thought, that's smart because any over-lubrication will simply disappear, blue against blue. So I've been using some blue Mobil grease I got off Amazon. Works great !

• 11 months later...

How are you all applying grease to all the little places?

I started using a Q-tip, but that leaves strands everywhere.

There must be some Q-tip like applicator that can be used, that won't leave fibers stuck in the grease. 

Any info is always appreciated.  I'm working on an RL1100.

Thanks.