Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Romeo 3 Max Pro

GJM

R3M Pro on the left, DPP on the right. Holes on R3 Pro are slightly but noticeably smaller. I couldn't seat it on two different DPP plates, Accuracy X and CZ Custom. Note that bottom plate that covers R3 Pro's guts will prevent making front holes bigger or relocating them. Anything that has true DPP bosses will have to be modified to accept this sight.

20240801_193154.jpg

Edited by YVK

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, YVK said:

R3M Pro on the left, DPP on the right. Holes on R3 Pro are slightly but noticeably smaller. I couldn't seat it on two different DPP plates, Accuracy X and CZ Custom. Note that bottom plate that covers R3 Pro's guts will prevent making front holes bigger or relocating them. Anything that has true DPP bosses will have to be modified to accept this sight.

20240801_193154.jpg

Typical SIG shenanigans.

20 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

lol what a joke.

Agreed. At time of release, they were applauded for going to a more common footprint compared to the RTS2 footprint. This is a huge oversight if there are compatibility issues with non-sig manufacturers.

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

For anyone that has this optic, does it come with a picatinny mount like the other Romeo 3 XL/Max's do?

Mine did not.

So, in essence it is a bigger more expensive version of the Romeo1Pro. In theory..... if you have a plate for a Romeo1pro, it should fit, correct?

Sneaky, sneaky!!!

MarkS

I discovered today that the r3 max pro will fit the dpp footprint of my laugo alien creator. The lugs on their optic plate are aligned and fit perfectly…

Now I’m wondering if perhaps Deltapoint changed something.. Both the alien and the max pro are recent releases, while all my other stuff with a dpp footprint are a few years old…..

Does the RM3 Pro have 4 holes on the bottom of the optic in order to accept 4 bosses. My DPP optic plate does not use the front bosses, but does have them for the rear. Just curious. I have a RM3 Pro on order for a scheduled delivery next week from Sig.

1 hour ago, Sodepop said:

Does the RM3 Pro have 4 holes on the bottom of the optic in order to accept 4 bosses. My DPP optic plate does not use the front bosses, but does have them for the rear. Just curious. I have a RM3 Pro on order for a scheduled delivery next week from Sig.

4 holes

FWIW, Leupold used to be pretty stingy about giving out their official drawings & specifications for the DPP footprint (vs Trijicon who would email it to you with a polite request) so a lot of plate makers probably reverse-engineered it.  IIRC there were some pretty tight tolerance callouts on the drawing,

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on when these will be readily available?  This might be the perfect optic for my steel challenge 10/22 build. So now my Kidd trigger, and Sig optic will both cost more than the actual rifle did. 

I’m sure Outer Impact or Allchin will soon have  a mount for this optic on a 10/22, if they don’t already. 

On 7/31/2024 at 9:25 PM, Rich406 said:

In the era of $3-400 optics, 699 is a bit ridiculous. Street price will probably be 550-600, which is still high comparatively. 

For some ridiculous reason, this does not stop me from wanting one…

Well the buttons on mine have quit working or work intermittently. 1 k rounds through it on a ss dr920L. Can’t reliably adjust brightness up or down. So frustrating. Love the optic in use. Can’t show up at match and not be able to turn it on/adjust

52 minutes ago, jking1155 said:

Well the buttons on mine have quit working or work intermittently. 1 k rounds through it on a ss dr920L. Can’t reliably adjust brightness up or down. So frustrating. Love the optic in use. Can’t show up at match and not be able to turn it on/adjust

One of the new 3 Max Pros or a regular 3 Max?

SIG is good about swapping them out but it takes a couple weeks.

17 hours ago, jking1155 said:

That sounds like a common problem that the original romeo3 max's had. Are you sure you have the new pro version?

At @Rich406and @YVK...what MOA did you go with, 6 or 8?

What are your opinions on what you chose? I've always gone with 6 and just wondering if the difference between a 6 and 8 would be noticeable. 

Edited by Speedwagon

3 MOA. I've shot 8 MOA dots and found them too big. I also shot 2.5 dots, remember the times when 2.5 DPPs were the only choice, and thought the dot itself wasn't too bad. 

Edited by YVK

8 hours ago, YVK said:

3 MOA. I've shot 8 MOA dots and found them too big. I also shot 2.5 dots, remember the times when 2.5 DPPs were the only choice, and thought the dot itself wasn't too bad. 

Thanks for the reply. I just reread one of Rich406 posts and see his comments on the 3MOA so I ordered a 3. Also ordered a mounting plate from Atlas, it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.