Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TTI - aftermarket base pads & FTF - Interesting discovery...

Chutist

When to the indoor range yesterday to test ammo in the Rival S after adjusting OAL to pass the "Plunk" Test.  I swapped the TTI to the soft recoil spring and took it as well.

First up - TTI had a couple of interesting failures to fire, I'm shooting target focus so I really didn't "see" the state of the gun before I pulled the trigger but...If felt like the gun went into battery WHEN I pulled the trigger, but did not fire.  Pull the round and there is no primer strike.  Weird.

Second - Mags with the Henning Base Pad won't work in my TTI.  They will ALMOST seat but not quite.  The "wings" that were added prevent over insertion prevent the mag from going in far enough to latch.  I pushed one in HARD and got it to latch but almost didn't get it back out! Mag release was VERY stiff.  I won't do that again.   Mag with the TTI versatile worked fine.

The FTF has me a bit concerned....

Did you have any failures with the stock TTI spring. I just got mine but shot about 250 rounds of various ammo and had zero issues. I used only the spring that came in it though.