Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need help finding a Gen 4 34 tungsten guiderod

rocket99

I’ll second the Carver. I have their Tungsten uncaptured guide rods in a few of my Glocks. I bet they are also having a Father’s Day sale this weekend that will get you a decent discount if you sign up for their emails. 

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of competing with a heavy gun or installing heavy parts into a light gun, I've taken to wearing ballast on my hands. In the case of my G19, it brings the "empty weight" up to 40 oz. Reloads are slightly slower at the moment, but backhand gloves containing steel shot allow me to keep up with the racegun shooters using a Glock containing factory parts only (and a Holosun SCS on top).

Another vote for the Carver uncaptured with Wolff recoil spring.  I ordered mine yesterday from Shooters Connection.  

For those searching for a Gen 4 tungsten guide rod.  The Glock Store Pure Tungsten extended guide rod is another option for the Gen 4 G34.  It’s pricey though but can be had on one of their sales at 10 to 15% off.  I have both the Gen 4 extended and Gen 4 G17 length uncaptured.  The Gen 4 extended weighs 3.1 oz and the Gen 4 uncaptured weighs 2.5 oz.  The downside is it use proprietary ISMI style recoil springs which the GS sells separately.  

For my set up I have found the 15lb recoil spring and 5lb Wolff striker spring works well with the Timney competition trigger.  It passes the vertical test.  I couldn’t get the 13lb recoil spring to pass.  

Other notes on this set up for those interested.  Brownells RMR cut slide,  KKM barrel, Vanek firing pin safety, reduced power Wolff firing pin safety spring and the standard OEM 5lb connector.   

• 3 weeks later...