Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying to decide between a couple of models

On The Edge

Been trying to decide between a 30, 36 & 26.  I've been Glockless for about 6 months now & for some reason, I've heard them calling me again.  

I know I'm talking 9mm & 45 acp.  I'm going compact for no particlular reason, so the "brick-ish" nature of the 30 is okay (at least I think it'll be ok).

I'm looking for the best shooter of the 3 options...

I've owned and liked a 26.  At our club's recent all-gun day I picked up a 30 for the first time and managed to ring a popper at 40 yards pretty consistently ----- 9/10 shots and 8/10 shots if i remember correctly.  I was just trying it to see if I could, and that out of the box, stock 30 shot to point of aim.  I need one of these....

I too own a 30 and it shoots great.  I really prefer the grip diminsions of the 30 over the small caliber frames.  There is lots of surface for the heel of my weak hand.  Also the extra width of the 30 spreads recoil across more of the strong hand and makes the perceived recoil quite soft.  I don't believe you can go wrong with 30 if .45 ACP is the caliber you are wanting to shoot.

I'm 98 % certain that you need a 21 for that.  Robar, Arizona Response Systems and probably others can cut the grip on the 21 to take 30 mags if concealment is a concern ---- i.e. it's usually the butt of the gun that's harder to conceal than the tube, as long as you're using an IWB rig.  

I know I'm new to the wonderful world of Glocks and to this forum but I thought I'd throw out an idea.  What if you considered the .40.  I recently just purchased a G23 and so far love the thing.  Still has stopping power (if needed) over a 9mm but more accurate than a .45.  At least this is what I've read and discovered from personal experience.  Well...regarding the accuracy issue anyway.  This will give you more models to consider...of course with that comes more confusion.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I agree with Brian W......buy 'em all!!!!

I own a 21, 27, and a 30.  I can carry both the 27

and the 30 in an ankle holster, although the 27 does

fit a little better on my 175 pound frame.  

I like the 30 better than the 27 due to the larger

grip, less felt recoil and the fact its a .45.  It's

more accurate than I am.  I don't feel that you

can go wrong with it.  

Let the forum know what you decide to get.........