Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HPS Open Master in 9mm Major

Over the past year I've been looking for new Open Division Race Guns to replace my Bul Armory Bullesteros. After talking to a lot of competitors in Belgium, Germany, as well as online, the common denominator was very clear: "HPS Custom Guns" in Bonn, Germany. I reached out to HPS and was immediately blown away by his knowledge, experience and recommendations to select the model and features that fit me. So I bought a twin HPS Open Master in 9 mm major. One will be my training and back up match gun, the other my primary match gun. I'm going to take the upcoming days/weeks to zero the guns and break them in so they are ready for competition later this season 😉 An in depth gear review video will follow soon ... stay tuned!

HPS Twins.jpg

8 minutes ago, yigal said:

Have fun with the new toy👍
Expect a review after 50 thousand with HPS  and not like the previous review of 7500 with old gun 🤣

LOL, I'll do my best. 

18 hours ago, gng4life said:

Congrats! They look amazing.

What are the restrictions in Belgium for IPSC pistols? Just curious, thanks.

Thanks! Gun ownership and usage in general is heavily regulated in Belgium. You have to go through a long and detailed process to get your first gun license. All in all the process takes between 6 up to 12 months, and only thereafter you can start the process of starting to get into IPSC, also with additional trainings and tests, before you can start participating in IPSC competitions. For every new gun you request a license, a large portion of the process is repeated, but takes a little less time ~4 months.

11 hours ago, beastyboy said:

Good luck with your new guns, Stephan! HPS is certainly quite the character. People seem to either love him or hate him. Personally I have found ground for both.

Well, so far, I'm in the "love" camp. Never met or spoke to a gunsmith with so much knowledge, experience and detailed advice prior to meeting him. Now, the proof is in the shooting of the guns ... working on it 😉

6 hours ago, StefVanHauwe said:

Thanks! Gun ownership and usage in general is heavily regulated in Belgium. You have to go through a long and detailed process to get your first gun license. All in all the process takes between 6 up to 12 months, and only thereafter you can start the process of starting to get into IPSC, also with additional trainings and tests, before you can start participating in IPSC competitions. For every new gun you request a license, a large portion of the process is repeated, but takes a little less time ~4 months.

Sounds like nyc😂. Good luck with the new guns👍

• 2 weeks later...