Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide won't stay back

Bill Schwab

I have an Aro-Tek customized Glock 19.  It has the Schuemann style ports, extanded this & that, etc, etc.  I have owned it for about 3 years now and have never had a jam, but the slide won't lock back after the last round.  This happens with pre-ban Glock mags or new politically correct Glock mags.

Whatcha think?  Should I bend the tab down that is tripped by the follower?  I thought maybe the slide stop tab wasn't bend enough.  The mag springs are new, and I replaced the recoil spring per Aro-Tek's recommendation.  Am I missing something (I know 1911's not Glocks)?

Bill

Couple of solutions:

Grip- may be in contact with the slide lock lever.

Replace it with a factory part or alter thumb positions near lever.

Ammo- low powered ammo will sometimes be a source of problems. Try some 'duty' ammo with your regular set up and see if it continues.

Your solution might work-let us know the out come.

Bill,

You're not missing anything.  My experience has been that the slide stop can be mis-assembled to cause *premature* slide lock, but not prevent it.  

The first thing you should do is to strip the top end off the frame and insert an empty mag into it.  Observe whether or not the follower contacts the slide stop tab.  That should give you an idea of how much to tweak it.   If you have a factory slide stop, you might want to swap it with the aftermarket and see if it locks the slide.  If so, make'm match & you're off to the races.  

E