Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LIghtning Strike Glock Aluminium trigger

Dennis Loh

Dennis,

I don't think that just changing to the LS trigger will reduce the pull by 50%.  I think there are replacement springs involved.  LS probably wants you to put in their Ti striker and safety plunger too.

Bottom line...there is a lot you can do before spending over $100 on a replacement trigger.

• 1 month later...

Been there, done that, got my money back. The gun would not fire unless the trigger was jerked, hard. Others on the Glock list have suffered doubling and breaking pins on their scope mounts. More importantly, there is a warning from Glock about aftermarket trigger assemblies (gssfonline.com).

Debbie

There seemed to be a "First" generation LS trigger.

The second design has an "improved camming action".

I have one, I like it.  

The trigger itself is wider than stock, most that I have let handle it like it more than the stock trigger.

The trigger bar seems to be of different length and the striker tang seems to be a little lower.  All these allow for the shorter travel and subsequent earlier striker release.

I also shimmed my trigger bar where it contacts the frame at the 90deg. to reduce the over-travel after striker release.

If your Debbie R. then thanks for finding my 10mm mag on Stage 11 during Area 1.

B.T.W., I liked the purple mag pads and matching fingernails!

If your Debbie N. then you don't need fancy fingernails to be the great shooter that you are!

Not that Debbie R. does either.........;)

(Edited by TDean at 9:02 pm on Aug. 29, 2001)

I played with the Lightning Strike trigger for about 2 months.......never really grew to like it. It does shorten the length of pull a bit, and it may have been a tad crisper.......Would've liked a trigger safety with a contour more closely matching the trigger's contour. Went back to my mildly tweeked o.e.m. unit.......which still needs work.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have one of the earlier models that really reduced the trigger travel and one of the current "post-recall" models.  I use them in my competition-only guns because I've already spent the money.  However I would not recommend the current generation LSI trigger since it doesn't make a $100 worth of improvement.