Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSSF Rules

KyleL

I am planning on shooting a GSSF Match in two weeks and AM not quite sure what is legal and what isn't. I haven't been able to find the rules on the web in understandable terms.

I want to shoot my 17 in as many classes as I can and my 26 in whatever class I must use it for.

Thanks for the help

KyleL

Cashbender,

Thanks for the help. I still am not quite sure but when I show up to the match, they will surely push me in the right direction. I am a Master class USPSA shooter and their rules don't exactly explain where I can or can't shoot. Thanks alot

KyleL

If you hold a master car or higher in any other sport you can only shoot Unlimited Master (Open) and Stock Master in GSSF.  Both the 17 and 26 are legal for both.

If you do not hold a M card or higher you can shoot as a amatuer.  YOu can use the 26 for Subcompact and the 17 for Amatuer Civilian, Competition, Stock Master, and Unlimited Master.  The can shoot a max of 4 divisions.

Except for Unlimited, all guns must be factory stock, but you can change sights, add grip tape and clean up the triggers a bit.

Yeah it's Unlimited/Master or StockMeister only for those of us with M cards. Leave the 26 at home and shoot the 17 (unless you are some kind of god or freak).

They are incredibly strict about their stock divisions. No fiber optic sights. (You can sight black them out.) Grip sleeves are OK. The only parts you can swap besides the sights are parts available from Glock.

You can probably do OK un Unlimited/Master without a dot sight, but it will be hard to win against Dale Rhea or Bobby Carver or whoever with a dot.

Forget USPSA speed & accuracy. It's much closer to the IDPA combo, maybe a little more so on accuracy, especially in U/M.

You can turn it loose on the plate rack, though.