Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK sights

RAZZ

Acording to the IPSC rulebook, in production division, you cannot use other sights other than the ones that the manufacturer offers. My question is, to those who shoot IPSC production with Glocks, which sights do you use?

I don't shoot IPSC production, but I have tried the various Glock brand sights.

My take...

The adjustable sights are the worst.  They don't give a clean sight picture across the rear sight.  Last choice.

The standard fixed sights are OK.

The trijicon night sights (factory offered) give a nice, crisp sight picture.  Glock is doing their own night sights now.  I think they may be just the same as the trijicon. brand.

I think I will have to use the Glock brand night sight. Not the Trijicons since according to the IPSC rulebook, you can only use sights offered by the manufacturer and not aftermarket sights. Can anyone tell me the part # for Glock fixed tritium sights (green-green config)?

(Edited by ian g at 12:49 am on May 23, 2002)

We are speaking of IPSC production div. and not US production, correct? 'Cause US Pro. division will let you put on any kind of sight you want, as long as it loosely follows the "notch and post" design. Both Trijicons and Meprolights (even if purchased after the gun and then installed) would be acceptable in IPSC Pro. division because they are both factory options that can be requested with the gun. No one would know that they were installed afterwards (nor should they care--its not like its a red-dot or something).

Ian,

Glock has put virtually every available night sight on their guns as a production option at one time or another.  I wouldn't worry about the rules as much as getting good light bars around the front sight.  I use Trijicons, but Heinies are probably the best bet.  They have a very nice serrated rear sight that's going to give you an excellent sight picture over the long haul.  

No reasonable person is going to hassle you over the rules as long as the sights you put on are in the spirit of the rules.  It has been conclusively demonstrated that excessive worrying contributes to poor shooting, so if I were you, I would worry less and put on whatever sights made me happy.  If somebody has a hissy fit, tell 'em to go pound sand.  :)

E

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...