Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

17 to 22

max power

MP,

My Frankenstein gun was made sortof like this. He is a G22 frame with a 17C top end.  Your G17 frame can house a G22 slide assembly. Stock barrels are not interchangable without the corresponding slide, as the outside diameter is different.  Besides, the breech would not be the proper caliber if you didn't replace the slide.

You also need the trigger housing w/ejector.

The only reason I did this for an open gun was because I had the guns already. I wouldn't consider it for a viable second gun, as the cost of the parts are nearly that (or more than) the  whole G22.

Deb

I would look closely at the Lonewolf company. If you get a Glock 22, they have a 9mm barrel that drops in, uses the same extractor and ejector and I believe even the same recoil spring. Add to that, an AACK .22 conversion kit and you have a 3 gun 'gun'.  You can burn up .22s for basics, then just drop the slide off, pop on the AACK .22 slide, swap magazines, and bang away (I should know, I have one for my 17.)

Yes, you do need a 9mm magazine (or .40, depending on which way you are going). Glock mags are NOT like Ruger ones (secret.... Ruger .40 mags work in 9mm and vice-versa. Yes, I have seen it work, and work well, even the post-ban 10 shot .40s will hold 14 9mms, funny isn't it?)

In fact, I believe you can get a simulations kit for the Glock 22, and then you have a training gun to boot (but, I hate pointing an almost real gun at people, Police instructor in Arlington, Texas shot another instructor dead in a training exercise because he forgot he had his real Glock on him, not a simulations setup one.)

I would look into the 22 coverted to 9mm, not the other way around.

• 2 months later...

Quote: from Avalanche on 5:46 pm on Aug. 14, 2002

What if a person bought a 9mm KKM barrel and had G17 mags? Would this work to make the G22 a G17? Thanks

The breechface is still cut for .40, and the extractor might not catch the case rim. Also, the ejector assembly needs changed out.

D.

Glockmeister 40 cal upper ,complete w/sights $360

trigger housing w/ extractor                              $8

2 - ten round mags                                           $40

being able to go major/minor with same frame

priceless

I don't know that you can go from the 9mm to the forty, because of the breech face.  People do go from 40 to 9mm with a barrel swap.  Some do so with the barrel as the only change.  Some change out the extractor and ejector too.  

If you have to buy a slide...might as well buy a new/used gun.

I have a kkm 40 to 9mm conversion in my g22.  I used the same ejector and extractor.  All I do is change the barrel.  I have around 2000 rnds through it right now and its still going strong.  The only problem I sometimes have is when the chamber gets dirty I will get a ftrtb.  The tight chamber is a lot easier on the brass though and I guess it couldn't hurt accuracy.......

that is correct.  It has worked fine up to now.  When I spoke to Kevin at kkm he had told me that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I had a spare trigger housing with the 9mm parts in it but it wasn't necessary.  I do have the new 15 degree extractor though, but all of the guns have them now.