Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket slide causing horrendous trigger pull

mwx40x40

So not wanting to debate why, but put a Brownells G48 slide and barrel on my G 43. Gun runs , feeds and ejects without issue. However, it has created a very heavy 2stage trigger. All internals for slide were pulled from Oem g43 slide. So with the difference in tolerance between the two cause enough drag on safety plunger to create this? Where else should I be looking?

I tried a Brownells slide for a g19 a few years ago. It was trash. The FP safety plunger hole was full of **** and had to be reamed just to assemble the slide. 

Not sure who’s making those slides… but they need their CNC taken away from them. 

2 hours ago, bowenbuilt said:

The safety plunger hole was the culprit on mine. They sent me a replacement slide but it had the same issue. I reamed and polished the plunger hole and that cured the issue.

Bingo. Safety plunger not moving freely . I think I have issue resolved 

Appreciate everyone response 

17 hours ago, usmc1094 said:

Was it a build up of the finish or to much material? 

Mine is was burrs/machining that wasn’t cleared before coating. All was nitrided right over  😂 

So 3 chances to check it… all missed. 

It’s really amazing what Glock can consistently put out at a high volume. Most if not all others can’t…you always read about the folks undoubtedly returning to a factory setup. 

is there any 3rd party Glock parts maker that is known to be as consistently reliable as Glock?