Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Most Wonderful Creatures On Earth, The Dog Family

dajarrel

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

-Anonymous

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

-Ann Landers

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

-Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves

himself.

-Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.

-Andy Rooney

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.

And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable

of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.

- Sigmund Freud

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

-Rita Rudner

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three

times before lying down.

-Robert Benchley

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.

-Franklin P. Jones

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have

known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.

-James Thurber

If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise.

-Unknown

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can.

That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

-Joe Weinstein

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a

grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow.

They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!

-Anne Tyler

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

-Robert A. Heinlein

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;

that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

-Mark Twain

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that

says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'

- Dave Barry

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

-Roger Caras

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your

pocket and then give him only two of them.

-Phil Pastoret

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

dj

Edited by dajarrel

"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'"

- Dave Barry

"The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic."

- Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887) American clergyman

"The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."

- Samuel Butler

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog or cat are not the better for it."

- Abraham Lincoln

"If you don't like the grand picture, just apply dog logic to life. Get petted, eat often, be lovable and loved, sleep a lot, dream of a leash-free world."

- Gregory Benford, "Foundation's Fear"

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him."

- Dereke Bruce, Taipei, Taiwan

"To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs."

- Aldous Huxley

I read somewhere once,,,,that to own a dog means that you know someday you will cry.

Cry like a baby. I have buried too many "friends" in the backyard, yet the companionship always has me getting another.

dj

We recently lost a lab. We'd already been talking about getting a second dog, so we went ahead and got a puppy. He's on the webpage below, listed as Barnaby,,,,,,he's been renamed.

http://www.starlineranch.com/pupsgabby.htm

One day, I'll get another dog, maybe another Vizsla.

The house is so quiet without him now.

I still expect to see him through the front door's glass when I come home.

Thanks for posting the quotes dajorrel, et al.

Chills

Edited by Chills1994

"You think dogs will not be in Heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us..." Robert Louis Stevenson

"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends..." Alexander Pope

"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes - a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt - and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts..." John Steinbeck

And one of my favorites...

"Things that upset a terrier will pass unnoticed by a Great Dane..." Smiley Blanton

(My Dane knows he's cool... :lol: )

We will all see our buddys at the Rainbow bridge!!!!!! :) When you lose a dog you swear you won't do it again...... Then here comes another! :D

Ivan

All you can do is the best you can do for the time God loans them to you. The only pain as bad as losing one is the pain of a home without a fuzz-butt around... THAT's why we really keep doing it, isn't it?! :wub:

n2ipsc,

Yep!!!! :D

Thats why we do it! To hear the whining, The tail thumping!, and the "LOOK"! ;)

Ivan

In the case of our new Olde English Bulldogge pup, it is hear him snoring, see his whole back end shaking, feel him biting, and smell,,,,,,well, we won't go there, but he's all Bulldogge. :lol:

This pup could knock a buzzard off a post,,,,gasy is a mild term. And we've even gone to some higher quality food.

It was truly coincidental that his name is "Stank". I've told my wife, she couldn't have picked a more appropriate name. :lol:

H4444

• 1 month later...

I saw this a long time ago,"If you can start the day without caffeine,If you can get going without pep pills,If you can always be cheerful,ignoring aches and pains,If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,If you can overlook it when those you love take it out on you when,through no fault of your own,something goes wrong,If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,If you can ignore a freinds limited education and never correct him,If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,If you can face the world without lies and deceit,If you can conquer tension without medcal help,If you can relax without liquor,If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,If you can say honestly,that deep in your heart you have no predudice against color, creed,religion,or politics.....Then,my friend you are almost as good as your dog."

(You've got to have one to truly appreciate these, but...)

You Know You Own a Great Dane When...

the sound of running water makes you jump up and yell, "OUTSIDE!"

you tell your dog to sit, and he backs up until he finds a chair

it takes 3 people to get your dog on the scale at the vets

your dog can hide a softball (among other things) fully inside his mouth and give you that innocent look that says, "What? I'm not eating anything!"

you carry a tape measure when shopping for a new vehicle

you keep at least one color-coordinated "drool towel" in every room of your house

after banishing your husband, the snoring in your bedroom still keeps you awake

you have given up on water dishes and just use the bathtub

your dog decides to play in the house, and ends up pulling the ceiling fan down -- for the second time

you have to move over when brushing your teeth because your dog wants a drink

you've learned to force a smile when asked "do you have a saddle for that thing?" (stock response – “No, I’ve trained him to carry me in his mouth…”)

you have had to train your dog not to lick dishes, and the dishes are in the sink

the donuts you put on top of the refrigerator are gone when you get home and your Dane has powdered sugar on his nose

your dog can see what you're cooking, and he tries to assist you in the preparation

you purchase a large screen TV and you still can't see the program when he stands in front of the television

you see a Chihuahua and you mutter under your breath, "My dog craps bigger than that!"

people stop you in the park to take a picture of their 5-year-old sitting under your dog

a visitor yells "No!!!" while you’re telling a story, and your Dane hides behind the door in the bathroom for 3 hours before you find him

(You've got to have one to truly appreciate these, but...)

You Know You Own a Great Dane St. Bernard When...

the sound of running water makes you jump up and yell, "OUTSIDE!"

you tell your dog to sit, and he backs up until he finds a chair

it takes 3 people to get your dog on the scale at the vets

your dog can hide a softball (among other things) fully inside his mouth and give you that innocent look that says, "What? I'm not eating anything!"

you carry a tape measure when shopping for a new vehicle

you keep at least one color-coordinated "drool towel" in every room of your house

after banishing your husband, the snoring in your bedroom still keeps you awake

you have given up on water dishes and just use the bathtub

your dog decides to play in the house, and ends up pulling the ceiling fan down -- for the second time

you have to move over when brushing your teeth because your dog wants a drink

you've learned to force a smile when asked "do you have a saddle for that thing?" (stock response – "No, I've trained him to carry me in his mouth…")

you have had to train your dog not to lick dishes, and the dishes are in the sink

the donuts you put on top of the refrigerator are gone when you get home and your Dane has powdered sugar on his nose

your dog can see what you're cooking, and he tries to assist you in the preparation

you purchase a large screen TV and you still can't see the program when he stands in front of the television

you see a Chihuahua and you mutter under your breath, "My dog craps bigger than that!"

people stop you in the park to take a picture of their 5-year-old sitting under your dog

a visitor yells "No!!!" while you're telling a story, and your Dane hides behind the door in the bathroom for 3 hours before you find him

I know exactly what you mean.

I have a friend who has 6 Great Danes and their all indoor dogs. They have their own bedroom that they share.

Edited by Bigbadaboom

We had a fiasco this last weekend with my brown dogs. Goes like this. My wife takes our two brown dogs to Pets M$%T for the doggie spa. 10 minutes after she leaves... A call. Please come back one of your dogs broke a nail in the kennel. When my wife gets there. Blood every where. They take him to " Their Vet". The vet proceeds to remove one COMPLETE nail on one foot, And a partial on the other. :o Ok, These dogs are 9yrs old. They have hunted under the most extreme conditions. We paid for their vet, We paid for the "Doggie Spa" and Last night Jack, was bleeding so bad that I have to get my carpet cleaned. A $300.00 " Doggie Spa. Sent a real Sh$%y email and they said they would pass it on to the corporate head quarters. We will see! I sell guns for a living. I have replaced firearms, That I knew the customer squibbed!!!! No questions asked! I felt like I had taken my son to the doctor, and they had cut off two fingers!!! :angry:

Ivan

I have a friend who has 6 Great Danes and their all indoor dogs...

I think it's intrinsic to the breed. When we open the back door to let ours out and he hears the wind or sees rain, it's backpedal into the house - and good luck pushing him out! He can be dancing around with his knees crossed and his eyes watering, but, forget it if it's nasty out...

Hardy working breed my eye... :lol: 165 lb candy-a_s is more like it...