Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Say it Ain't So!

twix

Tdean has announced in the thread on the race gun nationals in the match/competition forum that he's abandoning his Glock 20 for a 1911 type gun. I, for one, am truly dissapointed to hear this. To me , Tom was an inspiration, a master class shooter using a Glock. Apparently this decision was based on the failure of some aftermarket parts he had installed in his G-lock?  My favorite TDEAN line, lifted from a thread in the shooting techniques/hangun forum in a thread entitled "It's All in the Wrists" is as follows-"Just pull that trigger as fast as you can, learn the guns timing and tune into that timing as you apply the necessary force to counteract the recoil forces." Ah, he was a good man, sorry to see him go.

Hey hey hey! This is a eulogy for a cherished departed Glockster. The congratulations for moving to the upscale neighborhood can be posted back at the race gun nationals thread.

(Edited by twix at 6:44 pm on Sep. 2, 2002)

If you will recall his G20 also blew up prior to the RGN, where he had trouble with an aftermarket trigger part and broke a (stock?) firing pin.

Three strikes and you're out!

Personally, I fear him with a S_I. My only hope is he won't be able to adjust to the lighter trigger reset and he'll trigger freeze all over the place.

I think his striker was an after-market...steel LS if I recall.  I fear it may have been weakened by his KB, though he did have 500 rounds thru the gun since then (I am pulling from a few messages taht we exchanged).

On the reset...I notice that I get some trigger freeze problems when I switch from my Glocks to my Caspian Open gun.  I was thinking the distance to reset was different (I haven't put much thought into it though).

On the reset...I notice that I get some trigger freeze problems when I switch from my Glocks to my Caspian Open gun.  I was thinking the distance to reset was different (I haven't put much thought into it though).

So Flex, how do you think we can cure this? Stop doing Brill drills with the glock for a while? :)

Do I understand this thread correctly?

The aftermarket parts on someone's Glock are unreliable, so they give up on Glock? Ex-squeeze me???

What part of Glock Perfection don't people understand?

I own six Glocks and my most battle-worn model is my Glock 21, which has fired over 50,000 rounds, and the only thing I've ever needed to replace on it was an extractor which broke after about 100 rounds, and I believe that was caused by the cheap Chinese military ammo I was forced to use at the time.

Thanks Flex!

In the true spirit of management, I've configured my email account to forward all team messages to you.  What time by noon tomorrow can you collate the messages and produce a thirty-eight page report reflecting the Forum's consensus?

(Thank God I'm not working corporate America anymore...  shudder...)

E

(Edited by EricW at 12:33 pm on Sep. 3, 2002)