Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate recoil spring

Chapo

Guys, going through a brain fart here. Had some FTF last week on a USPSA match shooting minor. First approach will be for me to change recoil spring and find out if it’s a battery issue. Major I am using a 10lb spring (10.3gr AA7). For minor I am using 6.4 hs6. With 10lb spring. Should I go up or down on recoil springs for my minor load?

• 9 months later...

Trying to figure out a good weight for both minor and major as well. The czechmate seems to cycle ok with the factory light and minor but I can’t get a solid answer on what that weight is. I’ve ordered the wolf tuner pack and plan to do some testing when it comes in. 

I’m using a 9# recoil spring for both my major (9.7 Gr AA7 with 124 Gr PD JHP) and minor (4.1 Gr sport pistol and 124 Gr PD JHP). 

No problems whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 8:19 PM, wwiaftm said:

Trying to figure out a good weight for both minor and major as well. The czechmate seems to cycle ok with the factory light and minor but I can’t get a solid answer on what that weight is. I’ve ordered the wolf tuner pack and plan to do some testing when it comes in. 

I had called CZUSA and he told me that factory spring weights in a Czechmate was a 20lb mainspring and 13lb recoil… I run 10lb recoil for major and minor and have zero issues…